Hi from Newbie

Dc42

Just Joined
May 23, 2016
Glossop
I have after many many years decided to get back in the saddle. Being rather unfit and owning a dodgy right leg, decided I needed some new fangled witchcraft to help me with the hills in Glossop where I live.

The gizmo ordered is the latest from Oxygen, the S-Cross MTB. A rather sexy looking effort with a decent 50 mile plus range and a not bad set up.

Cant see any reviews for this anywhere as it is a very new model. So I hope I can help over the next few weeks if anyone is interested. Go easy on me as I am a novice/noob/numpty and bikes are Japanese to me now. Or Chinese I suppose.

Ta.

Last edited:
Reactions: yaffa

PH001

Pedelecer
May 18, 2016
Harrogate, N. Yorks
Quite a few discussions on the Oxygen on here - all good at the price point from what I can see. I got my first e-bike last week and am absolutely loving it. You will be overjoyed!

Dc42

Just Joined
May 23, 2016
Glossop
Yeah I've seen the reviews for older models and everyone seems happy. Couldn't find any for the 2016 mtb. I rang syebc and got through to John who turns out to be the owner of Oxygen. Had a good chat and he seemed very pleasant. He told me it's only been released two weeks so not a lot online to read.

With the owner of the company less than an hour away it became a no brainier to choose Oxygen.

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Welcome and good luck with the new bike! It really helps to be able to see and try one doesn't it, I had to travel 1 1/2 to see some but I think it's worth it.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
If it's as good as the oxydrive kit I'm sure you will be well happy with the bike

And welcome to the group
Steve

Dc42

Just Joined
May 23, 2016
Glossop
Bike arrives on the day of purchase. Cant get better than that!

Looks fantastic, looks even better in the flesh than on the pics. All set up and ready to go.

Spent 20 minutes riding around getting used to it. Will be a learning curve for me. First impressions, exactly what I needed. Jumping on again tonight and hopefully do a short circuit into the hills and get more steady on it. The Snake Pass is two minutes from my house and need to be steady as a rock to navigate that with the mental drivers that attracts