Hi From Northumberland

Humphrey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2013
Hi

I have just bought an e bike after about a month of looking. Problem I had was getting a frame large enough for my size. I opted for the e-ranger with a 21.5 inch frame after taking the bike for a test ride.

I have one question, has anyone had experience of towing a trailer with an ebike?

Any replys would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 4366

The nicest ones are the single-wheeled ones that you can get on Ebay for about £50, but they have a quick-release system that fits to a normal axle, and it would be difficult to fit to your bike without making some special adaptors because of the rear motor with wires coming out of the axle.

The two wheeled ones are connected in three main ways:
1. A clamp to the near-side chain-stay, which would suit your bike
2. A hanger is fitted behind the near-side wheel-nut. You'd have to drill the hole from 10mm to 12mm to make it fit because of the larger motor axle.
3. A clamp that goes under the seat. I don't know whether you'd have a clearance issue because of your battery.

Whichever type you get, they're easy to tow. The bigger the wheels, the better.. Obviously, with the two-wheeled ones, you have to watch your width when going through bollards etc.