Hi,from Scotland

Lucylettuce

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2020
Just introducing myself as I want to say a huge thanks to all the contributors of this site. I've learnt so much in the last month, so much so that I'll probably delay purchase until I can get to bike shops when they have stock to try, or online retailers have stock.
I've fancied an e bike for a while , as I live at the top of hills on both sides, and leaving on my bike is always great, but getting back is a bit of a struggle.
I'm looking for a step through, with a budget of around £1100 as I'm a fair weather cyclist, and can't really justify spending a lot, but am happy with a decent second hand bike.I want to mainly cycle myself, just using the motor on hills. I qualify for an interest free loan , courtesy of the Scottish government , so might be able to push the budget up a bit if I go for a new bike .I want to use it for an eight mile round trip to town, and have been researching online. I like the look of the Woosh Santana 3, and Wisper 705, but my local bike shop sells Ezego bikes, and I like the look of the Step NX26, or for a lighter bike, the Commute Ex Ladies. I'll need to transport the bike on a rear carrier every so often, so I'd like a bike I can lift.
We thought about a conversion kit, but both my bikes are ancient and not worth it.
I'll probably be asking for more detailed advice after I've tried riding a couple of bikes. I probably would have bought sight unseen a few weeks ago, but there's no stock , so I'll try to be patient.
Thanks again

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi when you venture into the wonderful world of ebikes whatever your choice, I know you’ll wish you had done so earlier. Patience is a virtue.