Hi from SW Scotland

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Hi All

I've been lurking on the forum for some time now as I've been taking my time pondering the master plan, but now the plan is made the wheels are in motion and my cc has had a good spanking..lol

As I have no idea as to the 1st or future bike that's going to receive my Fronkensteen treatment then I decided that a crank drive should be the most universal, so a 36v kit is ordered and on the way, I also decided that as my personal finances are almost in need of a Euro bail out I will be having to start off with 12amp SLA even though the weight penalty is high, but hopefully the trade off will be ok.

So to date some bits have arrived and every thing else is on the way except for the bike, for simplicity I'm kinda thinking of looking for something with a Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub, maybe a folder to make it easy for the wife to come and rescue me in the car :rolleyes:

Me = old, tired and morbidly obese (according to my GP who doesn't understand that its not a condition but a life choice), however I've a feeling that exercise is going to help :)

I'll post picys as and when the build progresses.

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Hi Dave and welcome to the collection of genius we call the pedelecs forum.
Interested to hear more of your crank drive kit, an interesting departure from the norm. If you are short of funds I might have an old lithium 36v battery going cheapishly, might be better option than sla for a folder.