Hi From Swizterland / Cyclamatic Foldaway owner

Julien

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 8, 2013
Hello Everyone !

My name is Julien and i've recently bought my first Pedelec and came to be very interested in these little machines.

I own a Cyclamatic foldaway which I use to commute. I ride from my home to the train station, take the train to the next city and then bike to work. a round trip is about 6 kilometers of biking and 20 kg of riding the train. We have some hills here in Switzerland, which was the main reason for choosing an e bike instead of a regular one

Choosing a folding e bike was motivated by the additional fees required to ride the train with a regular sized bike when a folded bike is free.

I was amazed at first but I'm beginning to feel that the sturdiness and performance of this bike could improve.

I've been browsing this forum and decided to be part of this community to learn more about pedelec and I've got two project in my mind :
- Powering up my current bike so that I can improve torque for hills and speed for flat
- Converting a mountainbike to commute entirely by bike by the time the weather will be a little nicer ...

I'm looking forward to talking with you guys and wish you all a happy holidays.

Julien

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Hello Everyone !

My name is Julien and i've recently bought my first Pedelec and came to be very interested in these little machines.

I own a Cyclamatic foldaway which I use to commute. I ride from my home to the train station, take the train to the next city and then bike to work. a round trip is about 6 kilometers of biking and 20 kg of riding the train. We have some hills here in Switzerland, which was the main reason for choosing an e bike instead of a regular one

Choosing a folding e bike was motivated by the additional fees required to ride the train with a regular sized bike when a folded bike is free.

I was amazed at first but I'm beginning to feel that the sturdiness and performance of this bike could improve.

I've been browsing this forum and decided to be part of this community to learn more about pedelec and I've got two project in my mind :
- Powering up my current bike so that I can improve torque for hills and speed for flat
- Converting a mountainbike to commute entirely by bike by the time the weather will be a little nicer ...

I'm looking forward to talking with you guys and wish you all a happy holidays.

Julien
Welcome Julien, you've certainly come to the right place to find out more about the changes you wish to make. There are several people on here with experience of folding bikes and modifying power output, who will be only too willing to provide advice:)

... We have some hills here in Switzerland...

Julien
NO! Really?:rolleyes: (only joking!) Believe it or not, I think some of us know that:eek:

Season's Greetings!

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Julien and welcome, I have put a suspension seat post on mine which improves the comfort.
If you have the 24 volt battery you can improve the torque by soldering the shunt in the controller by about 25-30 % or you can use a 36 volt battery, however you will need to increase the chain wheel to at least 52 teeth and even with that size chain wheel I have trouble catching up with the bike:eek:
A Healthy and Happy Christmas and New Year to all.

Bob.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Julien,

Welcome to the Pedelec Forum.

I believe your bike is 24v, 36v would make a big difference, if it was me, I would probably sell the Cyclamatic and for a similar cost to the that bike go for one of these excellent value bikes from Woosh The Zephyr | Foldable Electric bikes from Woosh | electric bike sales & hire or The Zephyr CD | Chain Drive Foldable Electric Bikes from Woosh.
You would have to ask if they would ship to Switzerland.

For retro-fit conversion kits, I would recommend an eZee Mk2 and if you are located anywhere near, Geneve, contact Vélos électriques à Genève : eZee Suisse le VAE pour tous ;)

Julien

Dec 8, 2013
Thanks everyone for your positive feedbacks :)

I started a thread concerning the Foldaway bike here so that we can discuss this topic in the right forum :)

As for the mountain bike conversion I will start a new thread as well when i've got a clearer view of what I need in terms of speed/torque/capacity for my commuting route :)

Happy new year Everyone !

Julien

Julien

Dec 8, 2013
Hi !
Been a while ... We had a baby un january and it was quitte challenging to find time to investigateurs ebike world further, but i am finishing converting my mountain bike and hopefully i will post a review un the next days :)

Reactions: OldBob1 and flecc