Hi from West Sussex

Will

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2014
Surrey / West Sussex, UK
Another Sussex chap here.
I currently (and intermittently) have dodgy ankle or dodgy knee(s) My dogs still need taking on their walks down the lovely bridleway (which runs past my front door!) . This combined with the fact that I am doing an off-grid solar project here meaning I can charge an EV from solar and be green has made me decide to get an electric bike.

I'm capable of building things and I am very mechanically/electrically minded and have built several customised cars and 4x4 and have lots of fabrication equipment such as plasma, lathe and mig welder. I also have a small motorcycle and full bike licence. I would like to build an electric car or pickup one day too.

What I'd really like, for my own amusement is a bike with the potential for momentary bursts of lots of power (IE larger than the UK's 250W limit) meaning i might have to build something or soup an off the shelf model up. I understand I will have to only use this on private land of course.

Currently trawling auction sites etc for either a ready to ride bike or something that can be fixed up / modified. Whatever is the best value for money. I don't know whether to spend £200 or £1500 yet. Just been looking at Woosh website etc. Undecided on hub or crank motors etc... going to do some reading on here. If anyone has any gear for sale feel free to message me. Thanks!

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Hi Will

and greetings/welcomes from the Brighton area , we built an off grid Solar system over 2 years ago still running 140 watts of solar panels into 4 x 40 ah batteries with split charging , Runs the Television and main lighting through the summer and lights only in the winter , that added to the solar hot water system from the government scheme and a wood burner gives me a saving though the year .

And charging the e-trikes from the free electricity is yet another bonus

Good luck with your project and have you looked on endless spheres for that sort of information

regards emma