Hi, I found your website after searching how to fix problem on Viking E-Go

StevIewonder

Just Joined
May 2, 2015
I bought my Viking E-Go bike new a few weeks ago but after only a few rides the bike keeps stalling then engaging for a few seconds then stalling again and so on. Can anyone suggest what the problem is and how I can fix it. My guess is the controller

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Couple of things to check. Look at your crank axle and locate the black disc and sensor. Make sure the disc does not have a wobble and that the sensor is within 5mm for the full 360 degree rotation. Check the motor plug to make sure it is properly connected. Keep hands off of the brake levers when not braking. Sometimes even light pressure will active the motor cut off. If, after checking these out and there is no joy, take it back to where you got it. They have a one year warrenty.

D

Deleted member 4366

The magnet disc should be more like 1mm from the sensor rather than 5mm. If the gap is more than 1mm, you should be able to wiggle the disc closer.

StevIewonder

Just Joined
May 2, 2015
Thanks for the advice. On checking I found the black disc had sheared in two (see photo). Is there any way to repair or do I need to send back to manufacturer? My problem is that although I received the bike new I do not know where it came from. It was won as a prize in a works do at one of the Great Outdoors shops and I bought it from the guy that won it.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you have the bits, you can glue them back togethervwith epoxy. Don't glue them on the bike. You have to remove the pedal crank to re-fit it. For that you need a crank-puller tool that you can get from Ebay for about £3 or £10 - £12 from a bike shop.

StevIewonder

Just Joined
May 2, 2015
Thanks for the advice. I removed the black disc after removing the pedal crank arm and glued it back together and refitted. The bike is now working fine. However I have ordered a new black disc for £16 to keep as a spare. Thanks again for all your help.

Reactions: Emo Rider