Hi I'm david from bromley

redrocket

Just Joined
Apr 26, 2014
Hi have just got a kudos sport which needs a battery kudos don't stock the battery any more it's a seat post type ,would I be able to rig a car battery to see if the motor and electrics work before going to the expense of a new one ?

Attachments

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
As a owner of a kudos sport as well, I was surprised to hear that you can not get a spare battery. Have just checked the kudos site, click spares and you will find kudos sport, click that and u will find batteries, priced at £237.60, Did you try to contact them? As there is no mention of spares discontinuing on this model.
Maybe 3 12volt motorcycle batteries wired in series to give 36 volts, and a pair of crocodile clips small enough to fit pins should give power to check the bike out.

Last edited:

redrocket

Just Joined
Apr 26, 2014
Hi thanks for the quick reply I contacted kudos and they said they don't stock them and advise me to look online bit disappointed as bike is a 2012 and like new

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
If that is true, I shall be knocking Kudos off my list for my second bike, I am very disappointed. Less than a year since they discontinued the model and I do remember Dave from Kudos promise to keep spares including batteries.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

You can't use a car battery. The controller will not connect the power unless it sees at least 31v. You'd need three car batteries joined together.

You can get a battery from BMSBattery.com. for about £180.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
We can help. Give me a call on Monday.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
We can help. Give me a call on Monday.
I also would be interested to know if you supply spare batteries, as i see you have kits that include frog batteries, and wonder if they would be interchangeable with the battery on the Kudos Sport as I was planning to buy a second battery to increase my range for summer excursions?

Last edited: