Hi just joined

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I am looking for advice about my e bike. I have a couple of questions. I commute daily on my bike and have switched from my old bike to an bike as age have slowed me down. Ihave an old Carrera crossfire1 and the battery is not lasting long anymore and probably needs to be replaced. I have struggled to find a reliable source yet. Any advice gratefully received.
Also the gear change down is slipping. When I go up it is fine. Any suggestions for videos or servicing to adjust this. I was happy servicing my old bike but this bike was a gift and the gears and disc brakes are new to me.

many thanks, I am quite handy with most things just seeking advice fromthose who have been riding these bikes for longer than me.

Sorry but you get what you pay for, in the case of carrera it is a cheap bike, go to a PROPER bike shop for a PROPER service

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
For me the bike was a gift when I was told I could no longer drive from my brother who wasn’t using it. So I did very well.
You didn't provide the whole info then ;)

I would 100% always use a proper bike shop not a large store when servicing, I pay more but 100% sure the service is perfect and I have NO concerns taking it back.

Older commuter

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 17, 2023
Yose battery and service were excellent. The website failed to allow delivery to UK at first so spoke online to a member of staff and they resolved this very quickly and all sorted within 48 hours.

I would recommend these batteries if any one else has an issue.

Thanks to those who pointed them out to me here. A very happy commuter, especially after a couple of days on the old manual bike that was very hard work to ride now.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
So your next task is to convert the manual bike to provide commuting resilience!