Hi, looking for help

tandemfans

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2016
Hi, just joined on behalf of my father in law, 82 who through necessity had gone electric. He and we are really happy that it has enabled him to keep riding although it took alot of persuading to get him to try it. He has a BH emotion evo jet. He recently hit a pothole which resulted in a broken spoke in the rear wheel. He has managed to get a replacement and is mobile again but the spoke is not 'quite right'. Can anyone point us in the right direction as to where to find one that is right. The shop where we bought the bike have ordered some but as yet (approx 8 to 10 weeks) no sign of anything plus they will be £10 each which seems s bit pricey for a spoke. Can anyone help us out. Thanks in advance. Tandemfans

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Can't help but welcome

D

Deleted member 4366

Measure the spoke as accurately as you can from the centre of the bend to the rim. Also, measure the thickness if you can. let us know those sizes and we can probably help you.

tandemfans

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2016
Thanks for the replies. I shan't see Andy or the bike for a couple of weeks but will measure when I do and report back then. Cheers

D

Deleted member 4366

Spokes are nothing special. They don't need to cost £10. You can get a complete set on Ebay for that much. The key characteristics are the length, the thickness and the colour.

There were a lot of problems of breaking spokes on the earlier BH Emotion Neos, which seemed to take forever to sort out. It was nothing to do with potholes, though I suspect a lot of owners were told it was. Did your friend actually know that he broke the spoke on one, or was it a suggestion from the dealer? Normally broken spokes should be fixed under warranty unless there's a special identifiable cause.