Hi! My first e-bike is here, and I'm loving it

TSargeant

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 9, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I just thought I'd step in and introduce myself. I have very recently purchased my first e-bike, a Furo systems X Max.

I needed something that folded up for storing in my tiny studio flat, and at my girlfriends, and the cycle 2 work scheme made it considerably more affordable.

There's definitely bits on the bike where you can tell it is a "first gen", but all in all I am very pleased with how it functions. I've added a folding lock, a pump, and a really nice rackbag/pannier combo to it so far. Though I'm now starting to get a little more adventurous and trying to work out if the controller will allow me to wire in a headlight so I can switch on/off from the display, pretty sure it's doable... but that's an exploration for another day!

If anyone has any questions about the bike, then feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

All the best,

Tom

Reactions: Phil Dryden

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Hi Everyone,

I just thought I'd step in and introduce myself. I have very recently purchased my first e-bike, a Furo systems X Max.

I needed something that folded up for storing in my tiny studio flat, and at my girlfriends, and the cycle 2 work scheme made it considerably more affordable.

There's definitely bits on the bike where you can tell it is a "first gen", but all in all I am very pleased with how it functions. I've added a folding lock, a pump, and a really nice rackbag/pannier combo to it so far. Though I'm now starting to get a little more adventurous and trying to work out if the controller will allow me to wire in a headlight so I can switch on/off from the display, pretty sure it's doable... but that's an exploration for another day!

If anyone has any questions about the bike, then feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

All the best,

Tom
Just googled it. Great looking bike, and very light.

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
RG24
Hi Tom, what a lively looking bike. I’m sure you’ll be grinning ever time you are out and about. Just be prepared for increased journey times - every time you pause you will be approached by interested people who will want to chat to you about your cool bike :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Spam reported.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi Tom'
Looks like a nice enough bike. However I would say that, if you have that rear rack fitted and you're carrying any weight at all, be prepared for the front wheel lifting on hill starts. The combination of how far back the riders weight is and rack weight looks iffy to me. Just lower your shoulders over the bars and should be manageable.
Enjoy the bike.

TSargeant

Mar 9, 2021
Hi Tom'
Looks like a nice enough bike. However I would say that, if you have that rear rack fitted and you're carrying any weight at all, be prepared for the front wheel lifting on hill starts. The combination of how far back the riders weight is and rack weight looks iffy to me. Just lower your shoulders over the bars and should be manageable.
Enjoy the bike.
Yup! This is definitely something I've noticed when I'm coming back with shopping. To be fair to it, it doesn't happen on the flat. But if there's the slightest hill that raises the front wheel up it definitely wants to lift.

Folkranger

Aug 16, 2015
Hi Everyone,

All the best,

Tom
Hi Tom. Just received our two Furo x bikes after a 5 month wait. Wondering how you secure yours when folded as they swing apart and how you stop it touching metal to metal when folded. Also do you find you are able to carry it folded, and how?