• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZanyGeek

Just Joined
Jul 12, 2017
UK
Hi ,

I just joined up as I'm looking to purchase an ebike before the months end. I have 20mile round trip to make 5 days a week and I'm wondering if a sub £1000 ebike is up for the job. I was / am considering a 15ah Cyclotricty Stealth coming in at about £950 but reading the forums, I'm not overly convinced it can do the job reliably for a year. It looks like I could do with spending around £1500 on something a little better but that will probably be me overstretched.. 8(

oh well, back to the forums and youtube to see if I can get any more ideas..

8)

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I see they have a few more battery options now than when I got my 1000w, it had a 12ah battery, they do a 16ah option now, so could get a bit more range. But that takes the price up quite a bit.
Which one are you looking at for 950?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most 1k bikes should be ok, the biggest issue is not leaving it out in the elements when not in use as moisture will effect the electrics. Other wise no different to non powered bikes all will need some mainteneance, brakes, tyres, chains, bearings etc form time to time.
My commute/town bike £350 Norco 700c from Evans is over 4 years old and with a cheapish kit on hasn't let me down.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've been ebiking for 7 years. I hardly ever spend more than £1000 on an ebike. There's good bikes fron £500 if you're a practical sensible type of person. Cheap bikes are OK in light rain, but can be dodgy when the stair rods fall., though there's precautions you can take to avoid problems if you need to ride in all weathers.

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
I've ridden my £500 Halfords e-bike many times in atrocious weather, there are times where I should have been riding wearing a snorkel and flippers but the electronics haven't suffered at all (various rusting metal bits are a different matter!)