Hi there...new and looking for kit advice...

London Pie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 20, 2015
I'm new to this forum but have been doing lots of Internet research on ebikes as I plan to get back into cycling, mainly for my commute. 10 miles which is fairly flat apart from Crystal Palace hill - fun to coast down - not so great to get up! So I want something to take the edge off.
If anyone has any advice I'm all ears - I'm looking for a light and discreet add on kit which can manage at least 15miles or so in one journey.
I love the look of the Keyde setup - but researching it - found out it's very unreliable.
If anyone has found anything similar that's reliable and small it would be great to know.
Thanks

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Take a look through the kits from Woosh bikes. Not far from you (London ?) and have an excellent reputation for service and back up.
wooshbikes.co.uk

Reactions: London Pie

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Small hub motors ok for town/city commute but not all are ideal for hills as you need to keep speed up to prevent over heating and some will be gutless.
Q75 1.2kg from BMSB 36v.
One of the best smaller motors Q100h 2.2kg.
Bafang SWXU 1.9kg.
Xiongda 2 speed 2.2kg a very good hill climber.
Keyde have a new stronger model out now that comes in at 2.3kg.
For hills choose 201rpm or 260rpm.
Add a battery and you are looking at about 5 - 5.5kg added weight for a kit.

Reactions: London Pie

London Pie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks for the advice Nealh - I"ll do some research on those. Can you personally recommend them - are they good quality?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks for the advice Nealh - I"ll do some research on those. Can you personally recommend them - are they good quality?
Not ridden any of these but the Q100h and the Xiongda are well regarded, there are threads on here about them just a case of doing a search. Don't get a 328rpm one unless you want a faster ride without hills.