Hi there newbie wanting a new e bike......

spadey99

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 14, 2013
Hi Guys

Ok so I have been riding Mountain bikes for years and am a keen old school BMX builder rider, Mongoose pre 86, Kuwahara ,Skyway Haro etc and own 27 of them.....

Anyway Im looking at buying a e bike for commuting to work, 3 miles there pretty much all down hill easy but after a long hard day 3 miles back all up hill...... I dont want a funny looking one want one thet looks as close to a mountain bike as poss, The Bursisch Synergy GT-250 at £799 on e bay looks good.....
BURISCH Synergy GT250 MEDIUM Ebike e-bike pedelec electric bicycle | eBay

Read a few reports and understand the quality wont be as good as others etc but in a nut shell wanted pros and cons from people who have experience on these???

I live in the Lake District Windermere to be precise am 15 stone 6 foot 43 years old but am still pretty fit and active( I ride 80s BMX bikes ha ha)

So welcome and come on give me info as they havent any in stock till Spetember after e mailing them so what else could compare???? 1k budget.....

Steve

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Have you considered building with a kit? Not as hard as you might think, and you can get exactly what you want.

Basic kit will cost you around £400-500, and will get you a range of 20-40 depending on precise spec.

If you don't want to go the DIY route, the Kudos Tornado is pretty discrete.

It would help if you can give us an idea of the elevation of your return journey.

Last edited:

spadey99

Jul 14, 2013
Hi mate

dont really want to go DIY want one specifiaclly built for this..... Will look at Kudos range..... Elevation isnt massive just after a day at work want some assisted power......

Steve

D

Deleted member 4366

So welcome and come on give me info as they havent any in stock till Spetember after e mailing them so what else could compare???? 1k budget.....

Steve
The Kudos Tornado is much more powerful than the Burisch. The Kudos Cobra is very similar to the Burisch but has a better battery (unless Burisch have upgraded theirs). The Samsung cells in the Kudos one have a high discharge rate, so less battery sag.

.: Kudos Cycles - e-bikes with style :.

spadey99

Jul 14, 2013
Well ive looked now... And my budget has gone up after looking at the spec of the Kudos Arriba with hydraulic brakes and 27 speed...... The Burisch with inferior batteries and only 6 speed is way off.....

God Im glad I came on here before buying plus Penrith has an e bike shop so can test ride before buying......

Steve

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I think you will like that Kudos. Very nice machine, and excellent value.

I wouldn't be too worried about how many gear ratios though. I have 24 on mine, and I only ever use three. I keep the rear on the second smallest cog, and use the front to give me 3 ratios.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
spadey99,

get a crank drive, hub bikes don't burn fat...