Hi

Tony Sayle

Just Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Hi,,

I am looking for some help,, my dad has a cyclamatic power plus bike and the battery has nearly given up.

I have been looking for a replacement and there seems to be lots available from china but i am unsure which would be compatible and he would also like a few more vaults if the bike would handle it.

Does anyone have the tech knowledge to help.

Thank you in anticipation

Regards,
Tony

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Hi,,

I am looking for some help,, my dad has a cyclamatic power plus bike and the battery has nearly given up.

I have been looking for a replacement and there seems to be lots available from china but i am unsure which would be compatible and he would also like a few more vaults if the bike would handle it.

Does anyone have the tech knowledge to help.

Thank you in anticipation

Regards,
Tony
You can get one from the dealer Cyclamatic Power Plus Battery - The Sports HQ or are you looking for a cheaper option. d8veh is the cyclamatic expert and I expect will inform you of the best option.

D

Deleted member 4366

A 36v one of the same type slots straight in, although it's probably a bit longer, which is no problem because this one is supplied with a new longer guide, so, in case of different length, remove the old guide and screw on the new one (two screws IIRC):
36V10Ah LiFePO4 Alloy 01-Case EBike Battery Pack - BMSBATTERY

When you get it, use a voltmeter to check that the terminals are the same way round as your present one before connecting it. In the unlikely event that they're different, undo the 4 screws on the bottom of the battery to remove the bottom piece and swap the terminals over. There's normally a little cover plate inside that needs to be unscrewed too - about 5 minutes work.

Any other of these batteries that are about 75mm wide and 110m from front to back will fit. The aluminium case is standard across a whole range of bikes.

The controller can manage 36v.

With the higher voltage battery, it'll go a lot faster. The gearing is a bit low, so you won't be able to pedal fast enough to keep up with the motor, so you might want to get a bigger chain-wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Sayle

Just Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Thank you for the fast and knowledgeable reply, i am now going to make myself look even stupider but which postage option do i choose

Cheers Tony

D

Deleted member 4366

The cheapest. I expect you feel even more stupid now!
Expect to pay £15 to £20 duty when it arrives too, so that's about £225 total. They've gone up a lot in the last 12 months.

Last edited by a moderator: