Hi

Twoshoes

Just Joined
Sep 20, 2014
Hi, new to the forum but have been lurking for several weeks since I decided an electric bike was the way to go due to getting that bit older and health problems. I found the site searching all things EBike. and have now read too much and find myself more confused than ever as which bike is going to suit my needs, my retention of information isn't too good so sadly after several weeks research I'm no wiser ,my budget budget has steadily increased from I guess entry level bikes to mid range.
I live in a hilly area and have been looking at Mtb style bikes though I won't be doing any serious off roading just rough tracks in my area. I am looking for something relatively easy to operate, I've moved from looking at a Kudos Tornado to others higher up in the range, on to KTM and Cube .I don't drive so travelling for test rides could be a problem and from reading the forums I realise test rides are the way to go before taking the plunge. The dealer closet to me and easiest to get to for servicing etc has a very limited stock leaving me with the Cube as my only option from there.
Oh hum, decisions decisions

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
The major choices are between torque sensor bikes where you need to put in effort to get maximum power out, particularly in a hilly area; and speed sensor bikes which give most of their power just by turning the pedals over. Many will have a throttle too so you don't always even have to do that.

If you are or were a serious cyclist and just want a bike to take the really hard work out of hills, but want to put effort in too then the TS might be for you. But if you want a bike to do practically all the work the SS is better. You can still put in effort with the latter and might well have to on steep hills, but on high assist the bike will do most of it. Then it's crank drive versus hub and there's plenty of posts and threads here about the pros and cons of those.

You really should try one of the TS bikes against a SS bike at least, because they are very different.

Pete Keeffe

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2014
Dealer availability is an issue for sure.
I bought my Ezee Sprint from Loghborough which isn't far away.
That dealer stopped doing Ezee bikes and now the closest ( and only Ezee dealer) is Cyclezee in Milto Keynes which isn't a massive journey but twice that to L'boro and we're moving 100 miles further away again soon.
Bikes wise I've yet to find terrain that the Ezee Sprint can't manage , that said I don't deliberately choose off road if something smoother is available.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Twoshoes,

Welcome to the forum.

Not knowing your location it is not possible to recommend where it to go for test rides in your area.

We welcome people to make an appointment with us to test any of the bikes we supply in Milton Keynes, Ansmann, eZee or Heinzmann.

We can also take bikes to people for test rides within a 40 mile radius of MK so that they can try them in there own area.

Last edited by a moderator:

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
if you want some seriously excellent long-distance support from an excellent shop try electrifyingcycles. i bought a bike from them almost 2 years ago and they have been absolutely excellent at going over and beyond what is expected of a dealer. I live on Anglesey and they are in Cromer! Ask dw on here .. David feom electrifyingcycles. he has a range of bikes and a few KTM.

i did then move onto a haibike for my second bike... Again a bosch crank motor. I was restricted in choice because I needed (despite what loads of people on here advised) loaaads of gearing to get up hills of Anglesey and into Snowdonia on my commute 8 miles each way. So ai have a sram system with thigniemyjigears in hubs....

my ideal..? A Riese and Muller methinks with Rohloff.... Droooool...