Hi

tsmtih01

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2015
Just joined, am seriously looking at buying the Oxygen emate MTB 13AH, have seen some threads on here, has anyone bought one recently and is there any problems with them.
Can it go faster than the legal mph?

D

Deleted member 4366

I have inside information on them. One of the reasons they were able to reduce the price was because they had a bit of fat in the price to cover warranty issues, but they turned out to be very reliable. I used to fix some of their bikes that dealers couldn't or wouldn't fix. I haven't seen one for over a year or since they brought out the Emate MTB. The only one I know of for repair was one where the customer managed to damage the motor wire. They replaced his wheel under warranty anyway.

It's an outstanding bike, as you will find out if you buy one.

They can go about 25 mph if you derestrict them.

tsmtih01

Jun 15, 2015
Thanks, have taken the plunge this evening and ordered one, with the price reduction it seemed a very good deal. Arrives Fri, having ridden for many years on MTB'S this is my first electric bike!! Hoping it will be fun!

D

Deleted member 4366

You'll love it. I stake my reputation on it. There's a couple of settings you have to do to get the maximum speed and power. You have to have the power set to "power" and the speed level on 6. Have a look back at the threads about it, otherwise ask once you have your bike.

tsmtih01

Jun 15, 2015
Hi bike arrived today, managed to wrestle it out of its box!! got everything straight,handlebars etc, pedals fitted, bit apprehensive, not sure what to expect usually ride hydrid29er and that can cover the ground pretty quick.
Told the wife I was just going round the block to see what it went like! Well I arrived home 3 hr's later with a big grin planted on my face, (wife wondering if she could claim the life insurance lol), totally amazed by it. Cannot believe how nippy it is, it has blown me away really enjoyable to ride.
The plan was to ride this to work during the week and use the hybrid at weekends, (I do not think I will be needing the hybrid after all). You mentioned about more power could you let me know how I can achieve this thanks.

jrewillis

You'll love it. I stake my reputation on it. There's a couple of settings you have to do to get the maximum speed and power. You have to have the power set to "power" and the speed level on 6. Have a look back at the threads about it, otherwise ask once you have your bike.
I have an Emate city arriving. How do I derestrict it?

What setting would you recommend to balance power and battery life.

tsmtih01

Jun 15, 2015
Hi, I usually keep mine on setting 4, this allows me to ride along at about 17 18 mph. The battery lasts around 30 to 40 miles depending on terrain. Hope this helps