Hi

maxer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 21, 2019
Hi' i'am new to this site and need some help please. In 2017 i brought a Coyote Edge 650 from Halfords, i now feel the need to fit a throttle it i have looked on the web and can not find much info on this bike. Could anyone please help me out with info on fitting a throttle to this bike? I can't even find a wiring diagram for it

Many thanks in advance Dave

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Throttle can only be fitted if the controller has a spare wire output for one, most std throttle are 3 wires. To find the controller follow the thick motor wire to it, then remove it from it's housing and take clear pics of any spare wiring and post for us to see.
If controller is integrated with battery base then the answer is most likely no.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They are not intended/designed for after market throttle to be added so even trying to add one won't is a no go unless there is a spare/capped off julet from the trunk cable at the display end on the handle bars.

maxer

Jan 21, 2019
Thank you for the reply i will have a goo look over the weekend and see if i can find any capped/spare connector and report findings

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
This is where adding a kit to a bike has advantages as they can be done, some oem bikes can have a throttle added but you have to be careful on the bike to choose.
Getting an answer from a seller/dealer may get you no where, typically you need to but from people with the knowledge or answers like Woosh, Wisper, Juicy, Kudos or buy one of the Oxygen range.

maxer

Jan 21, 2019
Hi
Not sure if this a plug or not, it has 3 wires going into it, the wire colours are the very much the same as on the throttle i am try to fit to the bike. Should this plug pull off or could i connect the wires from the throttle to the wires going into the plug

Thanks in advance Dave

Attachments

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
That isn't a spare connector, it is attached to the board and looks like it is part of your LED/LCD display wiring along with the 2 wire connector next to it, or the hall sensors from the motor. Don't connect your throttle to it. If there is no loose, spare 3 wire connector in there it will not be possible to add a throttle, sorry.

maxer

Jan 21, 2019
Hi Thank you for your reply / help i guess i will leave the as it is.

regards Dave