High mileage

Peter Thornton

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2017
Kendal
As a change from reading about people's problems, I'm interested in hearing about high mileages on the various motors. Anyone willing to start by letting us know how many trouble free miles you've covered?

I'm afraid I'm only a beginner with 270 (trouble free!) miles on my Bosch ......

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

half speed on my bike with dongle and miles but 1800 miles on display

D

Deleted member 4366

4000 trouble free mikes with my Xongda 2-speed motor. 2000 miles each with 2 x Bafang BPMs. 2000 miles with Bafang CST

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Mxus has about 3600 km and GSM about 1800 km. The GSM fought me every inch of the way during installation but has run like a clock ever since. I did not do a normal install...

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Hoppy,

That's great news! People occasionally mention the cost of Wisper batteries but there is no doubt paying a little more pays dividends.

I am really very pleased to read the bike is running well.

An image would, be great!

All the best, David

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Hoppy' milage makes my 9,572.5 seem so short.

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Hi Hoppy,

That's great news! People occasionally mention the cost of Wisper batteries but there is no doubt paying a little more pays dividends.

I am really very pleased to read the bike is running well.

An image would, be great!

All the best, David
No new pics yet,David, but good one on brizzleboy's Classified Ad.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
25000 miles on original motor and battery - 2008 Wisper 905SE Sport. Just bought it and runs well.
You just bought it?
How many miles did the previous owner ride on it?

• :D
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
25,000 - possibly a record on the forum.
Very well done, although some LCDs display a decimal point.

Reactions: phil01

hoppy

May 25, 2010
are you sure he did all 25 thousand miles on that bike?
So he says. He bought it new and did 20 miles a day commuting for nearly 5 years since when his wife has ridden it. There was no odometer. Why would he overstate it?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I've seen members quoting 15,000 miles before but 25,000 is likely a record for some time.
It goes to show the incredibly low cost of ownership for a Chinese bike and a record for a Bafang geared hub motor.

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I've seen members quoting 15,000 miles before but 25,000 is likely a record for some time.
It goes to show the incredibly low cost of ownership for a Chinese bike and a record for a Bafang geared hub motor.
We have been in the market for some considerable time and have bikes still running that are 12 years old, we still support them with spare parts.

Although you may not expect a bike to be capable of such high mileage, we hear of it all the time. The record, as far as we know, is over 33,000 miles on a bike near Southampton. One and a half times around the world. Original motor and original battery, the owner now has a new Wisper Torque.

We do use excellent proven components, and the bikes that last so well have been regularly serviced by local dealers. Because of this we are a little more expensive than some, however, as you can see the investment certainly pays off.

All the best, David

Last edited:
Reactions: Fordulike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
So he says. He bought it new and did 20 miles a day commuting for nearly 5 years since when his wife has ridden it. There was no odometer. Why would he overstate it?
Aha, no odometer, how did he know it was 20 miles to work and back :rolleyes:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Ahhh good point... I imagine he drove in occasionally...

That reminds me of a story...

I was at a show about 5 years ago and a fine old gentleman came onto the stand, announced that he had and ebike already but enquired after the range of ours. After enquiring whether he lived near any steep hills, he informed me he lived on top of one. I suggested that a 10Ah battery would comfortably take him between 20 and 30 miles.

RUBBISH he retorted! Mine does at least 100. Baffled and trying not to get into an argument, I asked how often and where he rode his bike. He told me he rode the bike 3 miles a day down to the village to see his brother. He went on to tell me that he had done the journey at least 30 times and he still had half a charge left. Impressed, I pushed for more information. How do you find the hill on the way home I asked?

He replied, hill? No... it's much to steep for me, my brother puts the bike onto the back of his landcover and drives me home!!

Boom boom!

True story...

All the best, David

Peter Thornton

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2017
Kendal
Anyone got any high mileage on a Bosch?
I've just been talking to a neighbour who was pottering around an a Scott Esub that he's had for a few weeks. What range do you get, I asked him. I haven't charged the battery yet, he replied, I spend most of the time with the motor switched off!