Homer moment... "Doh"

Grizzly Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2007
Swansea
www.grizzlyfish.com
This week I bought two high security Sold Secure gold rated locks for our bikes. Today I went for a spin on my new bike with one of my new locks, at the furthest point of my spin there was a call of nature. So I locked my bike securely to some nice strong railings, with my nice new super duper lock, and went in the toilets. When I returned to my bike it was necessary to unlock it so that I could return home, I inserted the key but could only turn it half way. I tried and tried and tried and tried, but I couldn't unlock it! I didn't panic. ok I was sweating!! I remembered from reading the instructions that if you can't unlock the lock to re-insert the key, and wriggle it to get all the bits inside aligned. This I tried but it was no use, my bike was stuck. I had been there for quite some time by now, and was aware that I must have looked a bit suspicious. Right I thought I'm going to have to catch a bus home, and return with my motorhome and angle grinder to cut it off(I've got a generator built in to the MH). Before I left I looked at the keys again, and saw that I'd been using the key for the other lock all the time! "Doh".... at least I didn't cut my new expensive lock off! :eek:

Last edited:

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
This week I bought two high security Sold Secure gold rated locks for our bikes. Today I went for a spin on my new bike with one of my new locks, at the furthest point of my spin there was a call of nature. So I locked my bike securely to some nice strong railings, with my nice new super duper lock, and went in the toilets. When I returned to my bike it was necessary to unlock it so that I could return home, I inserted the key but could only turn it half way. I tried and tried and tried and tried, but I couldn't unlock it! I didn't panic. ok I was sweating!! I remembered from reading the instructions that if you can't unlock the lock to re-insert the key, and wriggle it to get all the bits inside aligned. This I tried but it was no use, my bike was stuck. I had been there for quite some time by now, and was aware that I must have looked a bit suspicious. Right I thought I'm going to have to catch a bus home, and return with my motorhome and angle grinder to cut it off(I've got a generator built in to the MH). Before I left I looked at the keys again, and saw that I'd been using the key for the other lock all the time! "Doh".... at least I didn't cut my new expensive lock off! :eek:
lol :D - bet you won't do that again:)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I have so many locks and alarms I dont know if I'm coming or going....:confused:

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
Argggghahahahahahahahahha!

Had moments like that myself and felt sooooo stoopid afterwards :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I had visions of the police turning up and arresting me, I was wearing a hoodie as well!!
Two plain clothes detectives tried to arrest me for stealing my own car in the West End once! The ignition switch lock had failed and I couldn't turn the key to start it and disengage the steering lock, but being a qualified motor mechanic I stripped it in a few moments and started the car only to be grabbed. They'd been watching and thought they'd found an expert car thief. Not their lucky day after all. :p