Honest advice please Synergie Breeze

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
My wife and I really have got to thinking that when we go out together for a decent ride she would be a lot more comfortable and have a similar power to my 36V main powertrek bike if she had 36V. It has a step through frame and at 17" is about right for her size.

She really likes the look of the Synergie Breeze, it`s the right colour and has the extras that she wants. I know it`s not the most deluxe as far as price goes but it is at the top of her price range at present. Not sure what hub it has.

Anyone got anymore info on them or own/owned one or can offer up any other ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Hurricane

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2010
Perthshire
Hi Old Timer. We have two Synergie Cruisers which have identical spec to the Breeze except they are not step through frame. We have had ours for over a year and had no problems. Synergie bikes are well made except for the lights which are useless and represent good value for money.

Think they have a RTB warranty for one year but never had the need to use it. I did try to get a second battery from them to extend our range but they don't hold any in stock. Could be a problem later on. Hope this helps Hurricane

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes take heed of the recent posts about the lack of replacement batteries Dave...

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Yes take heed of the recent posts about the lack of replacement batteries Dave...
Yeh! good comment. I don`t worry do much because I have adapted batteries from one bike to another.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Hi Old Timer. We have two Synergie Cruisers which have identical spec to the Breeze except they are not step through frame. We have had ours for over a year and had no problems. Synergie bikes are well made except for the lights which are useless and represent good value for money.

Think they have a RTB warranty for one year but never had the need to use it. I did try to get a second battery from them to extend our range but they don't hold any in stock. Could be a problem later on. Hope this helps Hurricane
Sounds good. Thanks

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
The steering damper worries me a bit(why need one) and is there a big difference riding 700 tyres on this type of bike?

Not much feedback on this bike, are they that rare:confused:

There are good mid costs bikes out there that are OK( I know i found one) but is this Breeze one?

JonBurns

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me please. I got my first e-bike last week, an Alien GSII and during my emails with Alien he said that he had just recieved the new unisex Special II. I just looked on Aliens site and the new Alien Unisex Special II is there and it has an 17 inch frame and costs £599. Hope this might help as i see you have used Alien before.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
That sounds like a better choice.....

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Hi, this is my first post so go easy on me please. I got my first e-bike last week, an Alien GSII and during my emails with Alien he said that he had just recieved the new unisex Special II. I just looked on Aliens site and the new Alien Unisex Special II is there and it has an 17 inch frame and costs £599. Hope this might help as i see you have used Alien before.
Thanks Jon

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
That sounds like a better choice.....
I would say that you are right eddie BUT!! if it still has the same pedal assist configuration then my wife (like myself) wont like it. I don`t find it such a big problem because i take my alien kit bike out when I want a work out and remember I have fitted a crampbuster so as to be able to run the bike with throttle rather than pedelc. My wife won`t mess about like that, she just likes to poodle along at her own pace.
To be honest, it`s mainly when we are out together and if I don`t hold back which isn`t easy then I tend to pull ahead by quite a bit after a mile or so. when she goes out alone then she is fine but prefers to ride out with me for company.

What else in 36V step through is available? if any with a decent name please.

dave

Kal

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2008

Synergie Breeze Battery... £299:)
Synergie Bikes - Online Shop