Hopper Urban replacement battery

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
Long story but.........my friend died a few weeks ago and I've been tasked with selling on his Hopper Urban folding electric bike. I have a friend who wants to buy it but.........it hasnt been used for a few years and, try as we might, we cant find the battery! It was bought from Tesco years ago and so I'm a bit lost as to which bettery to buy to replace the missing one. It wasnt one of the "Frog" type - but I remember it was black and quite a slim rectangular shape that slid into the casing above the rear wheel. Fortunately I managed to find the key. Any experts out there have any idea which spec battery I should buy, and where to get it from.

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
Many thanks - I did follow the link but couldnt see any information on where to source a replacement. I did see the pic of the battery but that looks like a "Frog" type of battery. The one I am after is a slim rectangular shape.

Ray Winder

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
North Yorks
Many thanks - I did follow the link but couldnt see any information on where to source a replacement. I did see the pic of the battery but that looks like a "Frog" type of battery. The one I am after is a slim rectangular shape.
Yes mine is the frog type I bought it from yose powe on e Bay may be worth checking with them if they can help you, and they ship from the UK.
Just wondering have you had a look to see if you might convert to using the frog battery mine was shipped complete with the mounting bracket i just put on the new bracket and the connections just plugged into the existing harness.
Maybe someone on here has experience and could help.

Wingreen

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
Anglesey
Ah. OK. Many thanks. I have tried someone on eBay (still waiting for a reply). Agreed, if it becomes insurmountable I might well go for the new mounting etc option. Thanks