Hours Run metre to measure Chassis run time - NOT Volts or Amps on e-FOLDi bike

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
I’ve had my two eFOLDi Mk 1.5 scooters since mid April 2019, one for me and one for wife as we both have mobility problems - especially when visiting hospitals and the like where distances between car parks and premises can be up to 1/2 mile.... Beautiful machines in every way. Both machines /scoots have been used for about 1-1/2 hours each when returned to the car with voltages reading 28.6 or thereabouts, after four weeks non use I chose to charge both batteries just to keep them in good order - or so I thought, a week ago another hospital visit was made ONLY TO FIND THAT ONE BATTERY WAS TOTALLY FLAT having zero voltage.
Being reduced to a single scoot dear wife insisted that I use the remaining scoot while she walked.
After returning home I checked the dead battery on the other scoot where the battery condition again confirmed ZERO VOLTS - So come Monday I shall contact eFOLDi to see what can be done re a replacement battery.

WHAT I NEED but cannot find is an Hour Meter that is able to record Chassis Running Time on an electric vehicle (as distinct from an I.C. vehicle where vibration or spark plug pulses are measured) Alas having searched web pages I’ve found nothing suitable.... Can anyone help please? The idea of measuring chassis time will hopefully assist in general maintenance.

Jim