How are 25.5 volt pedelecs restricted

Dp441000

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 11, 2019
Hi guys n girls.

Dose anyone have any idea how these Panasonic 25.5 volt motors are restricted I'd been looking at the wires and it looks like the conrol box is inside the motor . I added a few photos. Big thanks n stay safe. 20190911_163302.jpg20190907_214857.jpg

Attachments

Dp441000

Sep 11, 2019
Am keen to find out what the spare connectors are for . I know it had a throttle but it was removed. Also there are 2x purple wires and 2x grey that are taped to the frame unconnected at one end . The bike gets used of road at work so not on road. I just really want to understand this thing and if possible remove the 15mph limit.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
First place you need to look is Flecc's excellent Panasonic info site http://www.flecc.co.uk/p/panindex.html . One of the unused plugs (think it's the triple wire one) is for the walk assist button to plug into, which provides assistance at walking speed of up to 4mph.

Baboonking

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Watford
Check out fleccs page, you can add a little more torque by change the drive sprocket to an 11 tooth, you can also add more speed by changing the sprocket on the rear wheel. The controller is inside the housing and is potted, you can add sodder to the busbar to boost the amps and thus torque further but I would be wary of doing that because it might overheat the components on the controller which is potted. If you do make any mods let us know how you get on.

Dp441000

Sep 11, 2019
Check out fleccs page, you can add a little more torque by change the drive sprocket to an 11 tooth, you can also add more speed by changing the sprocket on the rear wheel. The controller is inside the housing and is potted, you can add sodder to the busbar to boost the amps and thus torque further but I would be wary of doing that because it might overheat the components on the controller which is potted. If you do make any mods let us know how you get on.
Big thanks I was hoping it was a quick snip !
I have All ready added a 500w hub motor on the front and between the the whole thing works great 2 wheel drive up to 15mph then just on the front hub with a throttle. I know the mid drive did have a throttle before . Am going to hook up the pas sensor soon to have both motors when peddling. Big thanks for your reply.stay safe.

I love old girl . Big thanks for the reply.stay safe.20190625_161623.jpg

Baboonking

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Watford
Ha ha, bet that flies up the hills. If you want yet more speed and power I recommend the 11 tooth mod, nice a simple to do, you might need extra chain links.

Dp441000

Sep 11, 2019
it dose !
Ha ha, bet that flies up the hills. If you want yet more speed and power I recommend the 11 tooth mod, nice a simple to do, you might need extra chain links.
Thanks , where would I buy the 11 tooth sprocket from? Is it special to the motor?
Big thanks.

Dp441000

Sep 11, 2019
First place you need to look is Flecc's excellent Panasonic info site http://www.flecc.co.uk/p/panindex.html . One of the unused plugs (think it's the triple wire one) is for the walk assist button to plug into, which provides assistance at walking speed of up to 4mph.
Big thanks the links great the walk assist could be what they ment when they said it had a throttle before . Any idea on other?
Thanks again.