How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
trust its a lot thicker all round compared to my front magic mary, side walls on that like a inner tube.

thus why the sg was a right pita to get on my rim. get 1 and try it never know might even like it ;)

there site is a bit naff tho for total tyre spec.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reactions: Gubbins

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Eddie is a dirty dan and im a magic Mary, id not mix the 2 of them together tho pmsl.

Reactions: baldylox

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I didn't need to repair the hole in the end.

I just cleaned everything up, swapped the tyres, added the replacement Caffelatex, and the tyres bumped straight up with no leak.

Swapping the tyres also gave me the chance to try out the tyre lever that one of my mates invented.
My existing levers have been put straight into the back of the draw, never to be seen again. :)

Not being one to like getting caught out by poor prep, I also picked up a tubeless repair kit from my friends shop. Any excuse to pop in and dribble and drool over the bikes. :)

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I didn't need to repair the hole in the end.

I just cleaned everything up, swapped the tyres, added the replacement Caffelatex, and the tyres bumped straight up with no leak.

Swapping the tyres also gave me the chance to try out the tyre lever that one of my mates invented.
My existing levers have been put straight into the back of the draw, never to be seen again. :)

Not being one to like getting caught out by poor prep, I also picked up a tubeless repair kit from my friends shop. Any excuse to pop in and dribble over the bikes. :)

I am interested in going tubeless but don't know anything about it. Ofspring turned up with a second hand mtb which he was told has tubeless tyres on. The valve stems just looked like my slime tubes with a green dust cap

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Old man!!! :mad:

Mind you, I am 50 next Saturday. :(

I'm definitely a tubeless set up fan, especially as many of my rides take me through forest gorse, and or bridleways that have hawthorn and black thorn hedges. I also got fed up of fixing punctures at 10.00pm on cold, rainy winter nights. :(

The last time that I removed a tyre that had been running a tubeless set up, the inside was riddled with needle sharp thorns. This time there was none, but the carcass of the Hutchinson tyres is seemingly very tough.

I didn't have any luck with Stans fluid, and found that it formed into small rubber like balls, after just a few months of use. Others have found no problem with it though.
The only reason that the Caffelatex failed to seal the side wall hole, was because I had been putting off adding fluid to the existing set up, as I knew that I was going to be swapping the tyres around.

I'd imagine that most decent off road bikes, comes fitted with wheel sets that are tubeless compatible/ tubeless ready. The same for tyres, but check first.
The valve core looks the same because it basically is, but is fitted in much the same way as a valve core is to a car.

You can fit the kit yourself, but my advice would be to ask the bike shop to fit the kit prior to you taking delivery of the bike. It isn't that it is any problem, but they will have experience of fitting the kits, and you don't won't be playing around with things like that as soon as you get the bike. :)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Old man!!! :mad:

Mind you, I am 50 next Saturday. :(

I'm definitely a tubeless set up fan, especially as many of my rides take me through forest gorse, and or bridleways that have hawthorn and black thorn hedges. I also got fed up of fixing punctures at 10.00pm on cold, rainy winter nights. :(

The last time that I removed a tyre that had been running a tubeless set up, the inside was riddled with needle sharp thorns. This time there was non, but the carcass of the Hutchinson tyres is very tough.

I didn't have any luck with Stans fluid, and found that it formed into small rubber lie balls, after just a few months of use. Others have found no problem with it though.
The only reason that the Caffelatex failed to seal the side wall hole, was because I had been putting off adding fluid to the existing set up, as I knew that I was going to be swapping the tyres around.

I'd imagine that most decent off road bikes, comes fitted with wheel sets that are tubeless compatible/ tubeless ready. The same for tyres, but check first.
The valve core looks the same because it basically is, but is fitted in much the same way as a valve core is to a car.

You can fit the kit yourself, but my advice would be to ask the bike shop to fit the kit prior to you taking delivery of the bike. It isn't that it is any problem, but they will have experience of fitting the kits, and you don't won't be playing around with things like that as soon as you get the bike. :)
My wife used to work in a nursing home and old men (present company excluded) tend to dribble at both ends even when not in a bike shop![emoji56]
Looking at new bike spec..
Rims are.
Syncros X-23 29 Disc, 32h

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
can i remove the rear pro peddle lever on my shock? feels like i got grit in it or something.

Reactions: Twinkleten

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes the ctd lever tho been reading im best off leaving it as ill never get it back on as 500 psi of nitrogen stops you putting it back on.

not sure i want to put it in the freezer and jam a screwdriver in it to try get it back on.

same if i wanted to put ctd remote on it as only mojo can do it :(

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah it all needs to come off right pita can get it off just not back on as need to take out the nitrogen and refill it or it will not go back on other wise.

mojo service and seal kit and postage be about 150 quid can get a new 1 for 200 so not sure its worth it tbh.

i can move it but is very stiff should have got a 10 quid shock cover :rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
could i take this to a motor bike shop and get them to fill it as 111 quid is a bit expensive.

can do the seal kit my self and only 20 quid.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

feel the force ie 25kg up hill pmsl

1. Edgar didn't show up
2. Skateboarder got ran over by a motorcycle
3. My Derailleur, My Chain and My Spoke Broke
4. We got surrounded by thousands of bee's making us drop to the floor