How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there is 500 psi of nitrogen pushing on the shaft so it will come off just will never get it back on with out letting out the nitrogen and then refilling it.

tho some say put it in the freezer to slow it down but im not doing that.

when you rebuild it the ctd assembly is put in first then the rest thus if i wanted a ctd remote for it only mojo can fit it.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
there is 500 psi of nitrogen pushing on the shaft so it will come off just will never get it back on with out letting out the nitrogen and then refilling it.

tho some say put it in the freezer to slow it down but im not doing that.

when you rebuild it the ctd assembly is put in first then the rest thus if i wanted a ctd remote for it only mojo can fit it.
Am I looking at all this trouble with my new fs
bike? When it comes that is..

Reactions: soundwave

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Like the idea of the bbs guards/covers. Keen to see pics as they develop. 3 takers here [emoji3]
DSC_0045.JPG

We've been using more MuckyNutz (I should be on commission lol) downtube guards for the motor this winter, one on the frame, one to wrap the motor/cover the chainwheel...very successful at keeping everything clean as you can see from the photo...but I want a hard "bash-guard" style if I can cut/fab it and make it subtle...nice bike display too by the way Brightoneb...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes or every 125 hrs what ever comes first.

http://www.tftuned.com/fox-float-air-can-seal-kit/p2951

can fit that my self just if the lbs has not got any nitrogen they cant fully service it so best ask depending on what shock you have.

none can do it round here bar 1 and the most expensive but bit cheaper than mojo at 90 quid

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
For not much more money, you could upgrade to a Factory RP23 off ebay and they are a far better shock than the the CTD...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
have to give me a link as to what 1 will fit as i have no idea tbh.

View attachment 13582

We've been using more MuckyNutz (I should be on commission lol) downtube guards for the motor this winter, one on the frame, one to wrap the motor/cover the chainwheel...very successful at keeping everything clean as you can see from the photo...but I want a hard "bash-guard" style if I can cut/fab it and make it subtle...nice bike display too by the way Brightoneb...
Ingenious. Nice rig n'all.
I'll get on to some MuckyNutz and put my design hat on. Cheers [emoji3]

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
have to give me a link as to what 1 will fit as i have no idea tbh.
Not sure what size the shock is from memory SW...I'd imagine its a 216/67 but the specs will tell you...It's something I wanted to fit to my Haibike, but things have moved on and the new/old bikes will be getting them instead...my S-Works runs a Factory Kashima RP23 now, after junking the CTD I bought thinking it would do the job!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Brightonebikes, just get hold of mouldable plastic and make your own. It's not difficult.

The rear Scud Launcher was intentionally made in two sections. The shock guard is just an old Topeak front mudguard.

These days, other than a front Neo guard, I'd rather not bother with mudguards. I've gone through enough of them over the last few years, and they are all more hassle than they are worth when riding in thick muddy conditions. I find that they all clog the chainstay area, and the front fork crown. High front mudguards, to me just look silly, and are also far too vulnerable to be of any use.

Before you ask, you will have to find your own source for the plastic. I guess that Google is your friend. :)

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Brightonebikes, just get hold of mouldable plastic and make your own. It's not difficult.

The rear Scud Launcher was intentionally made in two sections

These days, other than a front Neo guard, I'd rather not bother with mudguards. I've gone through enough of them over the last few years, and they are all more hassle than they are worth when riding in thick muddy conditions.

Before you ask, you will have to find your own source for the plastic. I guess that Google is your friend. :)

I am picturing a far stronger plastic that would provide a little protection too. I'm not bothered for mudguard really, seems I always get covered in sh*t no matter what.
...More something that would take the initial impact of a slight bottom out or unfortunate landing.
Even a couple of well placed bars from downtube, round beneath the motor and secured at the rear of the BB might do it?
That said, I'm not really sure there is a need? am I trying to design something that doesn't need to exist!

Anyway, when will someone start a thread entitled "I like riding my e-bike off road just as much during the summer as I do in the winter".....?
;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Carbotanium:cool:

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
bolt to bolt its 200mm so id need this in 50mm??

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cane-creek-dbair-cs-rear-shock/rp-prod115545
another thing is i want rid of my qr axles what options i got that will fit?
You can't change your axle sizes, they're set from the factory...didn't realise we run puny 200mm shocks on the Haibikes (same as my 2004 S-Works), but I'd wager they're 57mm not 50...and don't buy from CRC, I've had a couple of Factory RP2's in mint nick for £110 off ebay that are still going strong!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Great idea...I now run "fun-bolts" on all our rears, but same idea...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
can i get a 142/12mm 1 for the rear of my bike then?

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
No mate, they're the latest thing for us 9mm QR guys to beef up the rear end...10mm bolt-thru or 10mm fun-bolts are the way to go...If you're that anal about your wheels being nicked, take that axle or dimensions to a local engineers and they'll make you a one off with a one off key.

Advertisers