How much cash do I need to outlay to gain an extra 2 mph ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What size 700c /28" tyres are you using ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you opt for a smaller wheel size the speed should be faster but any mileage/odo will be wrong.
Try the 2187 28" or 26" wheel size.

Reactions: belt_driven_muppet

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The manufacturer of the display, is Vision aka China Hulong
That's a really good find, although disappointing for you because it looks as if you're snookered. I'm sure there'll be some FaceTwitWhatSnap group who'll eventually work it out though.

As a ray of hope, Bafang's 4-digit passcode was published in a Technical Manual intended for dealers, but, with some digging, find-able on the interweb. It soon became common knowledge.

belt_driven_muppet

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2021
WV8 1JE
Now this may seem a stupid question, but if I were to change the vision display unit for a wiring compatible aftermarket one, would this get me to where I want to be ?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
In many cases, it's possible to change both display and controller - usually, they need to be changed as a matched pair because protocols differ between different manufacturers.

You need to trace the wiring from your display back to the controller - usually a shiny aluminium box hidden somewhere in your frame. Having said that, it may be that the controller is built into your battery... which likely would prevent you changing either (Vision offfer batteries with integrated controller, the website says).

belt_driven_muppet

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2021
WV8 1JE
Maybe if I use some artistic license, and say to them (vision)after a 15mph accident while leisure riding around my village the original vision display unit was smashed to pieces and I need to buy a replacement, the new unit will come de-PUREified ? Worth a try I guess haha

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I think it highly likely Vision would simply refer you back to Pure.

I'd be more inclined to strike up a rapport with the guys in your local Pure store. I've found the guys in my local Halfords very friendly and chatty when they're not being shouted at by disgruntled customers.

Caloux

Just Joined
Nov 25, 2021
Paris, France
Nobody has found the code yet ?

Too bad! Because it's hard to go faster than 25km/h with the fixed chain.
Big problem on this bike without shifter !
Prohibitive...

:(

johnnyboi123

Just Joined
Aug 8, 2022
Has anyone found the code yet?

I've reached out to multiple people and i've personally had no joy.

Thanks in advance!