How much is a Bosch 500w battery worth?

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Watch out for the scum who stole your bike coming for it, I doubt they would want to pay for it.
Dave.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I went a week worrying and looking over my shoulder everytime I opened the garage door but now I don't care.. one has to move on and not be controlled by other people who want what you have without earning it first.
Hopefully I will spot such a scenario and react Acordingly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: D C and IR772

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Not trying to be negative, but I'd have thought that £500.00 for a battery that has done nearly a 1,000 miles, has no Bosch warranty, and no postage is on the high side.

I'm guessing that most people would sooner pay the extra £150.00 for a new one from a dealer, with a full manufacturers warranty.

Hopefully someone will buy it from you though. :)

Last edited:

Twinkleten

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2015
Devon EX8
I know it has been mentioned before but the Datatag Stealth Pro seems like it might be a deterrent to the scum who steal to sell on or break up. You can label the frame and all other parts with a label, etching and microdots.
See http://www.datatag.co.uk/
Whilst it might not stop the initial theft it could help with a quick recover it it is realised it can't be broken up or easily sold on.

I feel a bit of security have all my kit (including the battery!) listed and marked up.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Not something that I would agree with, and certainly not when payment has been made using Paypal.

Either way £500.00 is definately overpriced. At £300.00 you might get a sniff at it, but who knows. A second hand battery with no warranty is quite a gamble.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: IR772

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aside from the site I use to sell my stuff I also have an eBay shop with a feedback of over 6000 so I do have some experience with ebay. I mostly sell high value items face to face and the buyer is given every opertunity to test or reject the item without fear of recriminations.
In this case if it doesn't sell then it's no big deal as I can relist at a lesser price or keep it..
It's possible there will be a price increase due to the brexit shenanigans as the pound continues to fall and Christmas is coming...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
for a low power light they will last hr and half but if you wanted you could get another case and brake apart the packs you have and use the cells from them in it.

that way you can use that charger to charge the cells up to 4.2v.

• :D
Reactions: kittykat

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all pics bosch when i look with chrome ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just as an update regarding miles per charge which I am correcting as its probably the most asked question regarding ebikes.
Bike shop emailed me the diagnostic report today and I had made a mistake as it was 20.5 charges not 22.5 as previously stated which equates to 48 miles per charge which considering I use high modes and am surrounded by hills I think this is perfectly acceptable..

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
Why not put a price on it and advertise it here? I am sure I am not the only member here who often dreams of having a second battery. Ebay does no one any favours, paypal neither, often the fees make the transaction impractical for vendor & purchaser alike.

At the right price I could be tempted out of South Yorkshire into North Yorkshire to collect saving you lots of hassle and fees, I bet I am not the only one. You have to accept though that some people, as you once pointed out to me directly, prefer to not buy second hand and value a warranty & local service above the discounted price.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Appreciate your comments and am thinking on similar lines in that I am asking myself.. do I really want you sell it? Is a spare 500w battery a good thing to have?
I think it's probably a tad overpriced so will let it run its course on ebay and if someone comes along with £500 then it compensates somewhat for the loss of the stolen bike and if not I will keep it .
There is also the chance that someone local has a Scott ebike without a battery...
That will be an interesting conversation..
So far my best offer to take it off sale has been £450..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id take the 450 then you wont have to pay any fees to sell it.;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes its 250 quid cheaper than a new one and 20 charges is like 2% of its use b4 it starts going down.

think its like 800-1000 charges b4 it starts loosing range.