How to carry a 2nd / extra battery ...

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Brilliant thank you, exactly what I was looking for, I take it it just velro's to the rear rack? is it sturdy?
Yes, there's 2 wide velcro straps underneath and one at the front. I tend not to put too much heavy stuff in the side pockets, but to be honest once a battery is in the lower compartment it doesn't move about. I have a bungee I put across the bag onto the rack if I'm filling it up

Reactions: Flycaster

Trod

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 11, 2021
Sorry to hijack your thread but I have searched for days looking for a bag for the rear rack to fit a Woosh Gran Camino battery with no look. I don't know if the OP is looking how to use two batteries at once or if he is like me, just wants to transport another battery safely on a rack?
It’s the 2nd option ... transporting a spare battery so I can remove the 1st exhausted battery during a ride and slide in the 2nd so I can continue, with renewed range. So far, I have started to use an old laptop bag to bring one / both batteries from the house/flat to the bike so that they are protected from bashes and risk of dropping. Next I’m favouring the idea of doing the same with a rack mounted bag, so I can pre prepare, snacks spares and tools too.

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
It’s the 2nd option ... transporting a spare battery so I can remove the 1st exhausted battery during a ride and slide in the 2nd so I can continue, with renewed range. So far, I have started to use an old laptop bag to bring one / both batteries from the house/flat to the bike so that they are protected from bashes and risk of dropping. Next I’m favouring the idea of doing the same with a rack mounted bag, so I can pre prepare, snacks spares and tools too.
On my Swytch converted bike, I modified the system (really for weight distribution reasons) so that the main battery is in a rear pannier bag (in a Jiffy type padded bag!), connected to the original front bag with low resistance leads. The spare (a much smaller and lighter 36V battery)can be put in the original front battery/controller pack (if I think I need a spare). For safety, it is physically impossible to have both batteries connected at the same time. Simple but seems to work well.

Reactions: Trod

Flycaster

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
This was suggested to me by egroover.

In the end I decided to go for this one due to being a hard case and fits the battery on my Gran Camino fine:

They are both from the German big river.

Energizer Bunny

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2017
united kingdom
Cairn Cycles sell a specific case:-

I'm always chasing a bargain so went down a different path with 2 bottle holders, you could just use the larger one using bubble wrap around the battery. These are in a rucksack, but you could adapt for frame or handlebar mount. Just use a cloth to prevent contact pins touching aluminium insulation (unlikely but may cause arching)

Small bag (battery fits perfectly, material is thin):-
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09KRWHJ8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Larger bag (material is robust but battery is loose, either use in combination with small bag or with bubble wrap)