Hub drive bike suitable for hills?

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
I am thinking of getting a budget ebike that can get me from Kingston to central London and back (about 25 mile round trip). Going via Richmond Park is the easiest route, but there is one short steepish bit I can't avoid. About 300m, the last 100m being the steepest bit.

Ideally, would like to achieve a range of 30-40 miles on quite high assist. Richmond Park is the only hilly section.

Would something like the Woosh Faro with a rear hub Aikema motor be able to tackle a bit off hillage? I weigh 82kg. The Faro weighs 18.5 kg. I don't know the specifications of the motor though.

I'm looking at the Faro because with the 17AH battery and relatively light weight I think I can do the return trip without recharging.

Any advice and opinions welcome.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The Faro with external battery can do that but I would recommend the Camino for your weight.

zerodrum

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 6, 2019
I'm doing a challenging approx 15 mile round trip and approx 8 ah battery is just enough. I'm slightly heavier, and carry a few kilos more in a pannier, on a bike with a very similar spec to the Faro, and my hill is much steeper than yours. So 15+ah battery I think.

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
I'm doing a challenging approx 15 mile round trip and approx 8 ah battery is just enough. I'm slightly heavier, and carry a few kilos more in a pannier, on a bike with a very similar spec to the Faro, and my hill is much steeper than yours. So 15+ah battery I think.
Goood to know, cheers