Hub drive not working Please help!!!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's interesting. Our Chinese friends have been caught cheating again. maybe they were getting too many complaints because it wasn't compatible with too many controllers. 12 magnet sensors seem to give a lot of problems for some reason.

OK, a couple of things I can think of. first of all, check that it's pulsing properly. connect it to the controller and measure the voltage between the signal wire and ground to see that it switches 5v on and off 6 times per rotation. Be careful that your motor doesn't start up unexpectedly. The second thing is to rotate it in the other direction to see if it works that way. maybe you had it in the wrong side of the BB.

When you put it back on the bike, check that you can see the middle bit rotating.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That has me stumped then. All I can suggest is to check your settings again.
Just one last thing. You have got the LCD ob a valid PAS level?

matbrachad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2020
I have been told the pas sensor has 2 hall sensors side by side hence the 12 magnet claim. Do you think that makes a difference

matbrachad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2020
Update I ordered a cheap Chinese 5 magnet pas and it now works perfectly. Thank you for all you help

Reactions: harrys

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I have been told the pas sensor has 2 hall sensors side by side hence the 12 magnet claim. Do you think that makes a difference
I never really studied one of those sensors before. Maybe you have to take out three magnets. We'll try that next time. 12 magnet sensors seem to have the least compatibility. I never had a problem with a 5 magnet one.