HUB motor dropouts question

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
Hi,
On one of my posts I needed help on why my 3kw motor was rubbing against the frame next to the dropouts were the axle is,
My friend gave me 2 of these metal washer things what look like a C not sure what they are called lol
But now I have installed those C things on the inside of the dropout and then 1x tourqe washer on each side, 1x flat washer on each side and then the 2 tourqe arms and finally the nuts, its not rubbing anymore but I'm just wondering if the washers/nuts etc are on correctly?
Any answers would be appreciated, thanks

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The C-washers are normally for front forks, where you have a dimple on the forks that doesn't line up with a normal washer. Plain washers would have been better, but C-washers should be good enough. The problem with plain washers is that you need special ones with a smaller outside diameter so that they don't rub on the freewheel.

Cam3roon2k41999

Pedelecer
May 1, 2020
The C-washers are normally for front forks, where you have a dimple on the forks that doesn't line up with a normal washer. Plain washers would have been better, but C-washers should be good enough. The problem with plain washers is that you need special ones with a smaller outside diameter so that they don't rub on the freewheel.
Ahh yeah makes sense actually, seems to do the trick for now haven't riden it yet though lol
Also I know I've asked this before but will having 2 tourqe arms fitted be safe with aluminum frame as my other bike the dropouts snapped but I didn't have any tourqe arms on what a idiot I am lol

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Two torque arms should be enough, as long as they're fitted properly. Show some photos if you're unsure.