Hydraulic BRAKES

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
LOOKING TO BUY Hydraulic Brakes just wondering what BRAKES TO BUY TO MAKE IT A easy JOB TO STICK THE brake lever sensor ON

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Tektro M285 are the easiest to fit hydaulic brake sensors to. This is on one of my old bikes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you have decent hydraulic brakes you dont need motor cut off sensors ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No you simply buy a new controller each time you blow the mosfets.

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Tektro M285 are the easiest to fit hydaulic brake sensors to. This is on one of my old bikes:

Is that a reed switch in the sensor head? Did that come as part of a kit, or did you have to put that together yourself?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is that a reed switch in the sensor head? Did that come as part of a kit, or did you have to put that together yourself?
you can make your own with off the shelf reed switches but they cost only about £16 a pair of ready made sensors, it's not worth the effort making your own. I put a 2mm screw on the magnet because I don't trust the sticky pads that come with the sensors.

Reactions: WheezyRider

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I did the same, first positioned the magnet with a bit of double sided tape. Adjusted position so that it switched correctly. Then drilled a pilot hole throught the hole in the centre of the magnet and secured it with a small self tapping screw.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
LOOKING TO BUY Hydraulic Brakes just wondering what BRAKES TO BUY TO MAKE IT A easy JOB TO STICK THE brake lever sensor ON
This 4 piston brake set has integrated sensors, if the three pin julet type connection isn't wired correctly it come with an adpater to sm 2.
The sm2 connection would be compatible with sm capable controllers .

4-piston Electric Bike Hydraulic Disc Brake Kits Front and rear hydraulic disc Brake 4-piston calipers (risunmotor.co.uk)

If you use a KT controller then brake sensors aren't needed , as there is nil over run.
They are handy though if you have a throttle which could go wrong.

Reactions: Woosh