I don't believe it!

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
I've had problems over the past 12 months with loose rear wheel spokes on my July 2008 ProConnect.
I wrote to Derby Cycles in Germany but never got a reply. 50C showed some initial interest and asked to see my letter but nothing came back.
Replacement spokes were the next thing and 50C said they would source them but nothing came back from them.

I decided to buy a new bike and decided on a ProConnect Disc so that I would have compatible batteries, chargers, etc.

I received the bike on Friday and took it out for the first time for my commute to work this morning. 3 miles into my journey there was a startling bang from the rear and the rear wheel spoke reflecter went shooting off to the side. It must have come loose and hit the frame. I checked over the wheel and would you believe it, one of the spokes is loose and I mean really loose. I have tried tightening it but to no avail and now wonder if it has stripped the thread.
I have emailed 50C so now I await their advice.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
not good is it.......a poor show in this price bracket:rolleyes:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
spokes

Just a small note 36 X ss spokes Uk suppler 250 mm to298 mm including

brass nipples £8 delivered

Ebay item number 180624640938

Frank

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Hopefully this is just a freak one off occurrence. Now that you have dispensed with that appalling 24 spoke rear wheel, which should never have been fitted to the PC in the first place, I'm sure that you will be much more satisfied. It's just a pitty that you had to go to the expenses of swapping the bike.

In their defence, I must say that Derby Cycles did respond positively to my letter and sorted out the wheels for me. Maybe I was just lucky, or my attempts at writing in German gave them a good laugh and they thought it was worth a new wheel based on comedy value alone.

Rab C Nesbitt

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2008
Maybe I was just lucky, or my attempts at writing in German gave them a good laugh and they thought it was worth a new wheel based on comedy value alone.
Tillson - well done - I had a laugh at this with visions of the policeman in "Allo Allo"

" . . I was just pissing your door when I heard a gun **** . . . ."