I want buy electric bike kit

Krystian

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 17, 2014
Hello, I am new, my name is Krystian.
I want buy electric bike kit maybe from ebay. I need 36V 800W or 48V 500-800W. Can you give me advice which kit can I buy?

Another item is battery. I need minimum 15Ah.

Please reply.
Thanks.

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
WHY do you need 500 - 800 watts ? when the legal limit is 250 watts

36 and 48 v high capacity batteries are available from BMS

regards emma

D

Deleted member 4366

All the kits on UK Ebay above 250w are direct drive motors. What weight are you and how hilly are your rides likely to be?

Krystian

Jan 17, 2014
Hello, thx for reply.
I know the illegal to ride with the power above 250W but a lot of ppl used it.
I had before electric bike (home made) with engine from chinesse e-scooter, 24V and 250W, but now i need just DD motor with high speed and power.
I am ride a bike to work, approx. 10km one way. Buses are expensive and I spend a lot of time traveling that is why I need electric bike.

I found a lot of kit on e bay but i would like get advice, which one of them are OK, maybe somebody bought it.

Battery.
I know for 20km per day it is enaught 10Ah but i like traveling London, that is why i need bigger battery capacity.

My weight is approx 75kg, area where I live is west London.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Sorry for my English but i hope you understand me :)

Last edited:

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
I got an e-bike kit from ger*****den on ebay under £200 , IMHO and from my own experience , problems encountered were build quality ( washers fitted incorrectly rubbed on the 6 speed block causing lock up , rim was not very true and needed trueing up , in use the hub whines at speeds over 15mph and the clanking "china wall " 6 speed block needs to be consigned to the scrap bin , replacing the block is a fiddle due to the size of the spindle and the need to strip the pins from the connectors . The massive 7.5 inches need to space the rear wheel lugs adds to the pain and aggravation. Supplied with a rear rack that won't fit as its designed to go over the spindle but the connectors wont allow that , and battery bag with poor quality zips, apart from that it has worked for the past 5 months ( so far but unless you are mechanically minded and don't mind lots of aggravation , I suggest that you let it stay on ebay) , buying from a Chinaman in Germany with a warehouse in England ( deduced from emails ) ., I did get some good response eventually but they are only box shifters and haven't much knowledge of the product , I am using it with SLA batteries but the weight is prohibitive on a bike .

Krystian

Jan 17, 2014
Thanks for reply.
What type of motor you bought? What power and voltage?
I am intrested to buy from this seller that is why i ask. How long is quarantee?

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
It was all in the ebay listing , I can't remember but I think it was about 90 days .

I got a 48v 500watt for the first e-Trike BUT only because I had a blank canvas to start with .:D
Being a Direct drive , non geared motor it does incur a penalty when you are not using assist . ( you will always have to turn the motor thus you have more drag).

The 7.5 inches ( 180mm ) width problem of the hub never worried me , but it might stop someone fitting it to a standard bike of nominally 135mm )

:confused::confused::confused:CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY IT :confused::confused::confused:

The PAIN was removing the noisy and clanky 6 speed block ( standard screw on ) that they said was not removable and fitting a 7 speed shimano free wheel.
( I machined a standard freewheel remover to go over the oversize spindle
and ground the washers to clear the freewheel ( the washers have tags ).
, but the new Tyre , tube and handlebar grips were OK

Also this Kit does not come with an on-off switch or charger .

Good luck and hope your install goes better than mine !!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(.:mad::mad::oops::oops:

Krystian

Jan 17, 2014
Can you tell me about Police? Are they check electric bikes and their power?

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
The LAW states that 250 watt is the maximum ( because we are in Europe ) UK states 200 watts for a bike and 15.5 mph , cutoff , over that and the bike is ILLEGAL to be used on the road.
There are also other British Standards that an e-bike should comply with including braking distance using front and rear brakes .o_Oo_O

Take a look around the rest of the forum for more answers to that question .:(:(:(:(:(:(

Krystian

Jan 17, 2014
Thanks for reply, you are very helpfull for me.
What type of batteries do you preffer?

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
All your questions ( of a just joined ) have the questions and answers already listed in the forum

can I suggest a look through the forum will give you the answers you seek

regards emma

Pat_68

Mar 4, 2014
Put your power mode through a handle bar mounted switch, this way you can ride legally and have the more power option for off road :)