I want to buy my first eBike but I am overwhelmed by so many choices. I don't know where to pay attention.

Eva1das

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 4, 2019
Hello, I am looking for a foldable ebike to commute around the city, mainly for work and the gym and sometimes ride to neighbouring towns . I am willing to spend up to £900

James63

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2018
Must it fold and is that an absolute price ceiling? I'm not sure but from reading the forum for a year or so, my impression is that it might be a bit of a stretch. Better minds here might have more optimistic opinions.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The advert
That Seago advert is very quiet on battery capacity. A range of 'up to' 60km is likely to mean around 30km or 20 miles or even less quite a bit less. (look at the Bosch range assistant; it will often (more or less accurately) quote 100 miles in perfect conditions and 30 miles in more usual conditions.). 20 miles may be enough for your requirements anyway. Also, the Amazon reviews are less than glowing.

Eva1das

Sep 4, 2019
Must it fold and is that an absolute price ceiling? I'm not sure but from reading the forum for a year or so, my impression is that it might be a bit of a stretch. Better minds here might have more optimistic opinions.
I am willing to spend up to £900 that's all. Folding bike is important because I want to keep it in the room when I am not using it, so a foldable bike will help me to save space.

Eva1das

Sep 4, 2019
The advert
That Seago advert is very quiet on battery capacity. A range of 'up to' 60km is likely to mean around 30km or 20 miles or even less quite a bit less. (look at the Bosch range assistant; it will often (more or less accurately) quote 100 miles in perfect conditions and 30 miles in more usual conditions.). 20 miles may be enough for your requirements anyway. Also, the Amazon reviews are less than glowing.
Reviews don't look good for that one.

Klang180

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
exeter
Hello, I am looking for a foldable ebike to commute around the city, mainly for work and the gym and sometimes ride to neighbouring towns . I am willing to spend up to £900
My partner has a woosh gallego and whilst it won't suit taller riders it's a decent little bike and comes within budget. It flattens hills and gives you good pull away from lights but it's obviously not the fastest machine given the small wheels.

hoppy

May 25, 2010
A friend has a Halfords Carrera folder which he's very happy with after 6 months. It costs £850 and you can have 48hour free trial and 12 months free credit. The range is 31 miles and weight 18 kg. Battery guaranteed for 2 years. Worth a try?

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
A friend has a Halfords Carrera folder which he's very happy with after 6 months. It costs £850 and you can have 48hour free trial and 12 months free credit. The range is 31 miles and weight 18 kg. Battery guaranteed for 2 years. Worth a try?
My wife has one of these and I have ridden it quite a bit. It seems like a great bike - but like all bike with small wheels and fairly narrow handlebars it can be a bit twitchy on bumpy roads. Works fine when you get used to it