Wisper Iainchef

Iainchef

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 31, 2020
First post be gentle!
Any info on a WISPER 705se Stealth 26” wheel e-bike for a first time buyer. Any comments greatly appreciated.
I live in reasonably hilly area with my dodgy knee what would you recommend
Cadence sensor or torque sensor
Puncture proof tyres /good or bad
Any upgrades can be recommended.
Cheers
Iainchef

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
went out today 8mile trip done some hills with throttle coming back going up small slope put throttle on powerfrom battery cut out stoped reset battery 2bars runs ok went about mile tryed throttle battery cut out reset again it seams to run ok on torque battery looks ok charged up when igot home
The bike doesn't seem to be performing as it should Digger.

Can you give me some more details, privately if you prefer not to post personal info here. Have you checked your tyre pressures recently?

Please let me know...

1. The gradient of the hill in %
2. Your weight
3. Your fitness level
4. The age of the bike
5. The age of the battery

Please also send an image of the bike.

I will get this sorted for you.

Many thanks, David

digger brown

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
north lanarkshire scotland
The bike doesn't seem to be performing as it should Digger.

Can you give me some more details, privately if you prefer not to post personal info here. Have you checked your tyre pressures recently?

Please let me know...

1. The gradient of the hill in %
2. Your weight
3. Your fitness level
4. The age of the bike
5. The age of the battery

Please also send an image of the bike.

I will get this sorted for you.

Many thanks, David

digger brown

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
north lanarkshire scotland
the bike 905 torque 575 battery just over 2 months old tyre presure ok fitness level good the bikes been running great on torque just its when you turn throttle on its switching battery off its been back at ebikes direct for repair to torque looks like its going back again thanks for your help david.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
the bike 905 torque 575 battery just over 2 months old tyre presure ok fitness level good the bikes been running great on torque just its when you turn throttle on its switching battery off its been back at ebikes direct for repair to torque looks like its going back again thanks for your help david.
Hi Digger, can I get the bike back to us? This is an unusual issue but I’m sure we can resolve. Please email me david@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David

IanHurley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2020
Hmm - my 905 torque with the 575w battery goes up 1 in 3 hills with no problem and I am a lightweight 15 stone pensioner. Most hills I can get up with level 3 power and VERY rarely have to go to level 4 so I would say there is an issue with the bike as David suggests

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
My MiRider comfortably takes my 13.5 stone up two lengthy hills near me With ghost pedalling (as my ankle won’t take full pressure). I either use level 5 assistance or the throttle boost at lower assistance levels.

Buzz67

Just Joined
Feb 7, 2021
I also have 905se which I find not great on hills. It is a lovely bike in general. Very well built, solid and comfy I just find it a bit lacking in low speed torque for hill climbing.