Im Del

Dgooner50

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2020
Any help with samebike l026 folding electric mountain bikes error code 07 no power to back wheel

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Without controller error codes then no.
If you have a multimeter then you can carry out simple resistance and voltage tests to see if the controller or motor are faulty.

You could rule out a controller issue, does the wheel rotate forwards by hand with little or no resistance ? If it does then controller is ok if it doesn't then you have a short, either on the wiring or the mosfets. You can double check if the controller is at fault by disconnecting it, the wheel should free up.

Dgooner50

Feb 6, 2020
Without controller error codes then no.
If you have a multimeter then you can carry out simple resistance and voltage tests to see if the controller or motor are faulty.

You could rule out a controller issue, does the wheel rotate forwards by hand with little or no resistance ? If it does then controller is ok if it doesn't then you have a short, either on the wiring or the mosfets. You can double check if the controller is at fault by disconnecting it, the wheel should free up.
Thanks for the reply The manual has no error codes unfortunately. The wheel does rotate forward by hand with no resistance

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks for the reply The manual has no error codes unfortunately. The wheel does rotate forward by hand with no resistance
Ok should generally rule out a controller issue with the mosfets, though a resistance test with a meter can confirm the actual mosfet state.

With no guide to what the error codes relate to, then anything tried is a stab in the dark to try and locate the issue. There isn't much to go on except you say "No power to the back wheel"

Under what circumstance's did the bike fail to work ?
1. Was it whilst in use or the next day after riding ?
2. Did you fall off the bike or it fell over ?
3. Did you ride it in the rain or leave it out in the rain ?
4. Did you do anything to the bike at all ?

A pic of the controller/maker ?

If the bike has a throttle and brake sensors, disconnect them and try the PAS.

If that fails to work then next is to test the hall sensors in the hub.
You will need a multi meter but how you proceed depends on the controller wiring system used. Is moulded Julet connectors or JST accessible wire type.

Last edited:

Dgooner50

Feb 6, 2020
I received bike on 4th January un-boxed bike put it together charged battery to 100% on 11 January tried a test run and not working its been in my hallway ever since.I didn't drop or damage anything I haven't had a chance to every thing you sent me is very helpful.There is a local Ebike repair shop locally unfortunately only open Mon to Fri 9-5pm which is my working hours at the end of the month i will have to take a day off in the week to try and resolve I've been emailing Aliexpress (Chinese site) since early January and only get generic email reply. This bike has a thumb throttle

Attachments

Dgooner50

Feb 6, 2020
Under what circumstance's did the bike fail to work ? no
1. Was it whilst in use or the next day after riding ? No
2. Did you fall off the bike or it fell over ? No
3. Did you ride it in the rain or leave it out in the rain ? No
4. Did you do anything to the bike at all ? No

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I doubt if the shop can do much for you.
Personally I wouldn't tinker to much with the bike then and try and get redress via the CC company or Paypal if you used them for the full amount.

Dgooner50

Feb 6, 2020
That is sound advice i have already opened up dispute and CC (last week) are withholding payment, just very frustrated but thanks anyway

Trix500

Just Joined
May 22, 2020
Hi Del
I have the same problem with mine. I have had it for 18 months working great. It's an awesome bike, then one day went to ride it and E07 code on the led display and no power to the back wheel.
Did you have any joy on repair?

Dgooner50

Feb 6, 2020
Hi Del
I have the same problem with mine. I have had it for 18 months working great. It's an awesome bike, then one day went to ride it and E07 code on the led display and no power to the back wheel.
Did you have any joy on repair?
Hi,
Unfortunately I have not repaired the bike yet were in dispute with Aliexpress for sending a faulty bike its sitting in my mothers hallway.
Hopefully it's just a hall sensor error which for a qualified ebike mechanic should be a simple fix according to YouTube video . I rode it once down my road but thre was no power

Trix500

Just Joined
May 22, 2020
Hi
My samebike went in to a local bike repair ship for the past few wks they couldn't diagnose the E07 code issue I also have.
I decided to order a replacement motor controller hoping to solve the issue. In the mean time I decided to take the back wheel off and look at the inside of the motor hub. I noticed on the LED display I had not only the error E07 code but also a M symbol which by researching online on the samebike manual it explained it was a possible fault on motor hub.
Un clipped cables to give me some slack to work with, Took back wheel off, undone screws around hub, turned upside down so cogs would come off and I could get inside hub. Checked cogs inside and re-greased with lubricant that had been squished out, made sure no debris in there.
Looking at the circuit board, checking wires I noticed the green wire had become lifted off the solder from the circuit. I pressed this down and tried the throttle, Hey Presto the motor worked full power.
I went off and purchased a solder gun from b&q and went on to solder the green wire back in place.....I checked other wires weren't also loose!!.
Back wheel back on, cables clipped back in tidy with new small cable ties.
A little fiddly to get the back wheel on and off around the chain but got there in the end.
Got on the bike for a ride and it's all working fantastically. No more E07 code or Motor hub fault symbol.
Bike working beautifully!!!
So happy with myself for having the patience to stick with it and find the problem and all it cost me was £17 solder iron.
I'll be returning the brushless motor controller to Ebay as I no longer need to mess around with that.
Give yourself a couple of hours and have a look in the hub.
The bike is awesome, I've had a happy 18mnths on this before this problem and was reluctant to give up on it just yet.

Hope this works for you too

Vicki

Dgooner50

Feb 6, 2020
Hi
My samebike went in to a local bike repair ship for the past few wks they couldn't diagnose the E07 code issue I also have.
I decided to order a replacement motor controller hoping to solve the issue. In the mean time I decided to take the back wheel off and look at the inside of the motor hub. I noticed on the LED display I had not only the error E07 code but also a M symbol which by researching online on the samebike manual it explained it was a possible fault on motor hub.
Un clipped cables to give me some slack to work with, Took back wheel off, undone screws around hub, turned upside down so cogs would come off and I could get inside hub. Checked cogs inside and re-greased with lubricant that had been squished out, made sure no debris in there.
Looking at the circuit board, checking wires I noticed the green wire had become lifted off the solder from the circuit. I pressed this down and tried the throttle, Hey Presto the motor worked full power.
I went off and purchased a solder gun from b&q and went on to solder the green wire back in place.....I checked other wires weren't also loose!!.
Back wheel back on, cables clipped back in tidy with new small cable ties.
A little fiddly to get the back wheel on and off around the chain but got there in the end.
Got on the bike for a ride and it's all working fantastically. No more E07 code or Motor hub fault symbol.
Bike working beautifully!!!
So happy with myself for having the patience to stick with it and find the problem and all it cost me was £17 solder iron.
I'll be returning the brushless motor controller to Ebay as I no longer need to mess around with that.
Give yourself a couple of hours and have a look in the hub.
The bike is awesome, I've had a happy 18mnths on this before this problem and was reluctant to give up on it just yet.

Hope this works for you too

Vicki
Hi Vicki,

I hope your well and apoligies for the late the reply.I see that your bike worked for the 1st 18 months unlike mine which has been showing an Error 07 code since I unboxed and put it together January 13th 2020. I have had issues with the seller going back and forth with emails and videos ect but they haven't helped at all.
Anyway I currently can only ride the bike on pedal power which is very frustrating and have only done so twice. I'm very impressed by your technical fix, I believe I have a hall sensor issue but have not had it diagnosed by E bike mechanic due to the fact I was in dispute from the seller and did not want to mess with the so called warranty.
I have had issues with the seller going back and forth for months now,I am now ready to take some action with this bike.
I like yuoui have scoured the internet and youtube to try and find a fix for 07 code and I believe its a Hall sensor issue in the motor .Your fix has inspired me to try and have a look but I'm not confident enough to start dismantling the back wheel I will need help definitely I will keep you posted.

Best Wishes
Delroy