Imagine the possibilities with the world's first chain-less electric bicycle, HONBIKE

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
This appears to be a possible new e-bike for some members, the ad I found while doing an online search, but thats all I know. I have not noticed pricing anywhere, that you will need to locate yourself if you are interested in buying!
regards
Andy

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
no chain no fuss? what happens if your battery is flat?

hopperhenderson

Just Joined
Jul 27, 2022
i really impressed when i saw world's first chain-less electric bicycle then i also want to buy it this is the amazing bicycle we can easy to drive it is very affordable in price.

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
It's not the worlds first, we've had a number of bikes using things like shaft drive, 1880 was the first, and theres also a few modern ones currently available.

As to their vid lol, talk about misleading. 14mph and the roadie is struggling to keep up ?, thats just so ridiculous.

Reactions: flash

Stanebike

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2020
So the bike is shaft drive rather than chain. Back in the eighties I had a Moto Guzzi shaft drive motorbike. Very nice and no cain to lube or adjust during service. But chains transfer power more efficiently than gears. So energy will be lost by the gears needed to transfer th drive through 90° to the shaft and then through another 90° to the wheel. Also the gear assemblies are likely to cost and weigh more than simple chain and sprocket arrangement.

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
So the bike is shaft drive rather than chain. Back in the eighties I had a Moto Guzzi shaft drive motorbike. Very nice and no cain to lube or adjust during service. But chains transfer power more efficiently than gears. So energy will be lost by the gears needed to transfer th drive through 90° to the shaft and then through another 90° to the wheel. Also the gear assemblies are likely to cost and weigh more.
Correctly cut straight gears, waste very little power, which is why they are used often in car gearboxes for racing and rallying, the only negatives being (with high reving cars), that they are "LOUD".... But I doubt if that will be much of a problem with muscle power assisted by a motor!
This may prove interesting, though the article is not 100% complete to my mind:-
regards
Andy

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
NASA's gears made with Bulk Metallic Glass have very high wear resistsnce and don't need lubrication. It's only a matter of time before they're 3D printed using that material to be far to expensive for bicycles.

The costs will reduce, Sennheiser 3D print earbuds using Bulk Metallic Glass

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh