Impulse 2.2 - noise

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
Hi,

So I am back on my Kalkhoff pro connect I8 with a replacement motor (old one was losing power).

To be fair to Cycle Surgery and Kalkhoff they replaced the motor with no quibbles and this new motor seems really responsive - but a bit noisy!! I get a lot of whirring when I go up hills. I don't have any loss of power or any other noises.

The old motor didn't fail on me but I have to admit to being a bit nervous.

I did think about handing the bike back but to be honest its so comfortable to ride I haven't found anything to beat it yet for the price.

Has anyone else experienced this - should I be worried? My commute is quite long and there is no way I could put this bike on my old bike rack so if it failed I am stuffed.

redalexx

Pedelecer
Hi,

just continue riding your bike. If you start thinking about your noisy motor, you will get more nervous. A lot of people here had motor failures, but Kalkhoff / DerbyCycle has a really good service concerning motor replacements.

The majority of the first Impulse2.0 generation failed before 4.000km. Let's track the results for the Impulse2.2 - current status:

You have a long way to commute? Great! Participate and share your mileage from your new Impulse2.2!

Alex

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
Thanks Redalexx. I am perfectly happy with my Kalkhoff and I have no other issues. I will report back if I have any issues with the bike.