In praise of Lee Ping (Ping Battery)

GT3

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2009
Long story, try to keep it brief.

I wanted a 36V 20Ah battery. I also wanted to deal with a range issue I had with an old Ping battery I had bought secondhand from the classifieds here.

I emailed Ping and was immediately impressed by the quality and speed of his response, the clarity of his English and how helpful he was. After several emails, I ordered the new battery and a new BMS for my existing battery.

Ping emailed me a TNT tracking number. At some point after the parcel landed in the UK, it was detained by TNT as ‘dangerous goods’ as it was ‘sparking and smoking.’

I had sent over £400 to the other side of the world and now had a damaged battery in the UK. I was slightly concerned. Ping’s reply to this information was straightforward, it is reproduced in full below. I could not have written a more reassuring and appropriate reply myself.

A replacement battery was received yesterday, eight days after we became aware of the condition of the original! The whole order was reproduced, so I now have two chargers and two more BMS.

I thought long and hard before ordering from Ping. There are other eBay sellers who are cheaper. It was his reputation here that caused me to order a Ping and I am glad I did.

The damaged battery is in the classifieds. If you have the technical ability, it will be a cheap way to Lithium power.

Hi Andrew,

Please don’t worry. It seems to be an accident.

The package must have been broken by rude shipping of TNT.

Anyway, I don’t think TNT in the UK will agree the box was broken by them. If it’s convenient for you, I recommend you go there to pick up the package and take some pictures for us. The smoke could be caused by short circuit by the BMS. So, most part of the pack could be just fine. You can keep those cells as spares. Furthermore, there’re a new BMS and charger inside. You can keep all of them, but please send pictures of the packing and the items inside to me. You don’t need to say anything or complain to TNT. We will deal with the agent of TNT here for the incident.

Of course, we will start to build another battery pack and then ship it to you.

Anyway, if you’re not willing to collect it, it’s ok. After all, it’s 200km away.

Best regards,

Ping

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Impressive customer service. :eek:
I knew Li Ping was good, but not that good.
Thumbs up.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Impressive customer service. :eek:
I knew Li Ping was good, but not that good.
Thumbs up.
Hmm... Mr Ping could have delivered the second battery personally - just to make sure it arrived in perfect working order.:)

Colin