Inner tubes

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Can anyone give me details of good inner tubes please?
I bought two which have no make or markings from eBay as I couldn’t sort locally.
let’s say their quality is much to be desired lol. i can’t grumble, as at the time the price was too good to be true and usually is.
The tubes are to fit 700c x 40 wheels/tyres on a hybrid bike for road mostly, but with off road trails/paths etc. ect. included.
Thanks

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
All you can do is go for a known brand and avoid anything described as 'lightweight'.

Schwalbe as good as any, or Continental or Michelin.

Nowt wrong with the Halfords own brand ones, although I don't know what the shopping arrangements are currently.

I think some branches are open for collection if not much else.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use Vavert tubes on ebay for my 700c and I don't have many issues barring the odd thorn for the front, tyre choice might be more important though I use CX tyres which provide less puncture resistance for my offroad riding.
For my rear hub bikes I use a Gaadi for ease of tube removal without taking the wheel off, still get the odd thorn as it is down to tyre choice again and P resistance.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I think they are all about the same, I have several different makes, conti’s, Schwalbe’s and Halfords all in 3 different bikes, I couldn’t say which was in each bike but I can say I haven had a flat for a very long time.