Inquisitive motorcyclist!

Rex

Just Joined
Jul 20, 2015
Hello all!

As the title states I'm an incredibly lazy lad that relies very heavily on my motorbike for... well pretty much everything these days.
In the past years I've changed career from a plant mechanic to sit down receptionist and I have gained some to say the very least so need to do something about it. ( I'm also very cheap and don't like paying for petrol! )

Been looking through the site and am so far edging very closely to buying a pedelec but have seen mixed reviews on certain ones currently on the market, I am no stranger to mechanics as mentioned before so may end up building one but if I have the choice would rather not.
I live on the border of Wales and the hills are very steep, I'll be looking to cycle the 13 miles into work with help from a lovely motor.

No doubt you'll see me strewn about the forum asking silly questions that have probably been asked time and time again so please do bare with me!

C

Cyclezee

Hi Rex,

Welcome to the forum.

BTW, questions are not silly when you new to something, they are only to those that think they know everything;)

Reactions: Rex

Rik D

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2015
Cardiff
I was in the exact same position as you about a month ago, and a motorcyclist myself , and decided to go for it . If i were you ide consider buying a kit to go on a reasonable qualty bike and save yourself alot of money . They can be installed with ease in a couple of hours depending on what kits chosen with minimal machanical knowledge , also youd get to choose a kit and power to suit your needs , hill climeing capeability , top speed , range . Aswell as being able to choose your choice of nice looking bike to go with it .
On my buld ive gone for a reasnably priced £400 MTB " voted best mtb under £500 last year " a 1500w offroad kit comeing in at just over £900 includeing 20 ah battery with 50 mile range , upgraded tyres and tubes £70 ............ So for about £1400 its cost me i get the spec of bike that would cost me as far as i can see online anything between 3k -6k , and mine will look nicer than most of them . lol
Feel free to message me for any advice as ive researched loads on them recently .

Rex

Just Joined
Jul 20, 2015
I think we'll be having a fairly big conversation soon Rik as I can't quiet get my head around some of these builds. Thanks very much for the offer, no doubt I'll be pestering you soon! ;)

Reactions: Rik D