Installing a 500c display on a bbs02, programming?

Leewee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2018

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
On the BBS drives the settings are contained within the controller, so you should be abe to change displays without affecting them. Having said that, the basic settings that you can change with the display, without the need of a programming cable, like wheel diameter etc. may override the controller settings, so make a note of them from your old display and put them on the new one. If you don't have a prog. cable and would like to play with your settings, then you may want to consider an Eggrider, as this will do the same job through a bluetooth app. This is a another small display without the programming app.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Intelligent-Minimalist-OLED-Display-SW102-for-Bafang-BBS01-BBS02-BBSHD-US/302933768329
Also available on Aliexpress for a little less.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
This is a another small display without the programming app.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Intelligent-Minimalist-OLED-Display-SW102-for-Bafang-BBS01-BBS02-BBSHD-US/302933768329
Also available on Aliexpress for a little less.
I have to say that this doesn't seem like very good VFM to me. For another £28, you can buy the EggRider, which as you state, also gives programming functionality. Add to that, UK support and UK stock with fast delivery times, I'm not sure why anybody would waste their money on the knock-off:

https://eggbikes.com/all-products/eggrider

• Agree
Reactions: wheeliepete

Leewee

Aug 28, 2018
does the eggrider work without a phone connected, sort of set and forget? i use my bike off road mainly and just buzz about on full throttle mainly.

Leewee

Aug 28, 2018
Hmmm, I may just get that mini one off eBay there's some for £46 posted. If they don't affect my programming at all I only need it to turn the thing on and off, show speed and battery level and Pas level. I'm either full throttle or peddling in Pas 9

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Hmmm, I may just get that mini one off eBay there's some for £46 posted. If they don't affect my programming at all I only need it to turn the thing on and off, show speed and battery level and Pas level. I'm either full throttle or peddling in Pas 9
Just remember those are not the same as the official EggRider, the hardware is similar but not the Firmware

Leewee

Aug 28, 2018
Just remember those are not the same as the official EggRider, the hardware is similar but not the Firmware
Yeah I understand. For half the price of the eggrider though im happy with a glorified power button which is all it is!

Leewee

Aug 28, 2018
Sounds like you could save your money and run without a display completely, but you would need a programming cable to do so.
I've looked at doing that but would prefer a method that doesn't require any hard mods. Plug and play will suit me more. Battery indicator is nice too. £45 is cheap enough, I spent the same on my chainring adapter ha!

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
The 500C display works great, only problem is its very small writing and i had trouble reading the volts without stopping and putting my reading glass's on(lol), apart from that its quite stealthy, well made and just works.