Interesting approach to bike theft.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Are bikes available to order then? I am looking for another.

D

Deleted member 4366

Are bikes available to order then? I am looking for another.
That reminds me about a motorbike breaker that I used to shop from in Southend. It used to go something like this:
Me: "Have you got a tachometer for a GS550?"
Shopkeeper: "No, but if you come back in a couple of days I'll have one."

No matter what you wanted, it was always there within a couple of days. My whole circle of biker friends all used that shop, and we all became suspicious of where the parts came from.

Reactions: Stan464

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That reminds me about a motorbike breaker that I used to shop from in Southend. It used to go something like this:
Me: "Have you got a tachometer for a GS550?"
Shopkeeper: "No, but if you come back in a couple of days I'll have one."

No matter what you wanted, it was always there within a couple of days. My whole circle of biker friends all used that shop, and we all became suspicious of where the parts came from.
I daresay as with car breakers, the m/c breakers are in touch with each other for parts. Given the m/c crash and write-off rate, there's probably a certainty of parts for any model being available.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Just seen this one on Ebay 2009 Scott Aspect 50 mountain bike for spares or repair. Not the Scale 40. | eBay

It is located in Tring which is not a hundred miles from MK, so might be the one?

Tried to call the guy who had his stolen, but no joy.
The one that was stolen shows black and white but with the black being the seatpost tube, the one you found has black by the headset/forks tube but white by the seatpost tube. Could still be stolen but not the same one.

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Billm89