Interesting New French Bike

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This popped up on Youtube ads. I'm sure it will appeal to some, but not for me. All these type of bikes seem to have the same features that are controlled by a phone app. Have a look at the reviews, which seem to show the normal issues with the tech not working quite like it should. Hopefully, this tech will get sorted and become mainstream in the future:

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
This popped up on Youtube ads. I'm sure it will appeal to some, but not for me. All these type of bikes seem to have the same features that are controlled by a phone app. Have a look at the reviews, which seem to show the normal issues with the tech not working quite like it should. Hopefully, this tech will get sorted and become mainstream in the future:
I've got to the stage I prefer a step-though, but that top tube looks very silly.

Unnecessarily high where you actually have to step over, but without the strength benefit of a high triangle.

With a lowish saddle a (small) risk of catching your foot in the triangle between saddle, seat post and down-sloping part of the top tube.

Battery mounting designed to prevent fitting a regular rear rack.

A severe case of style over function.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
The Electronics makes this machine the equivalent of the Boeing 737 Max . Looks as though it will control the Rider . Keep the fancy stuff and give me mudguards and front suspension for starters .

Reactions: mike killay

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
"It's the future of mobility"...must be true Rita Ora said so...

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
It doesn't look like one for the garden shed tinkerers does it?
Too much tech complication to get in the way and do things you didn't ask for or not do what you need.
I'll stick to my slightly brutal Ezee ta. I turn the pedals - it goes, what's not to like?

• Agree
Reactions: vfr400 and Woosh