Intro and hire/sponsor info

Blair

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2017
Perth Australia
Hi Guys. I am from Perth Australia. I came across this site while searching for elec bike hire companies in the UK.
I am looking for (hope this is allowed on the forum)

a) a business or an individual who would be able to rent a bike for approx 3 weeks
b) a business or individual who would lend/sponsor my use of a bike for approx 3 weeks.

A bit about myself. I suffer sever depression, and find physical activity helps me tremendously. I wish to travel to the UK in August/Sept 17, and then ride from John O' Groats to Lands End. Obviously costs add up, and the purchase of a bike for 3 weeks is a little prohibitive. I have done the research into distances, time, stops over night etc. I just require the equipment to do it. Doing the trip on a normal bike would be above my physical limits as well, hence i am looking for an elec assist bike.

Last year I set the goal of climbing Ben Nevis, which I did and thoroughly enjoyed. My next UK goal is to do the top to bottom on a bike.

Ideally I would be looking for a bike with a small trailer attachment to keep my clothes in.

Thank you
Blair

Blair

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2017
Perth Australia
Hi
Just on the info side, I plan to ride 60-80 miles per day. What bike would you recommend? I am 6'1" and 95kgs, 52 years old.
I am finding it difficult to find a company to hire one, if anyone has contacts please let me know, most places are hiring locally for half or day rides.
I would fly into Heathrow/Gatwick/Manchester, so preferably one of those so I can collect it. Manchester would make more sense.
And lastly, if I manage to do the trip, company would be welcome. My goal is to do the ride and enjoy it, no world records to beat :)
Thanks again
Blair