intro

Uselesshippy

Just Joined
Sep 15, 2014
hi,
newbie here based in west lancs, looking to get my first ebike, all advice welcome. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum. Can you give some more information to help with recommending suitable models?

Your weight, height and the type of e-cycling you want to do will help, and also whether you will be tackling many steep hills.

Uselesshippy

Just Joined
Sep 15, 2014
Hi,
Must admit I do like red ones :)
I'm after a dual purpose bike I like the look of the cube reaction pedelec and the new haibike hardseven. But must admit I do fancy a throttle as well so I am open to hub bikes as well. It just the pedelecs look better quality.
Used to do trail riding back in the nineties and want to do something similar with the ebike so want a decent poke out the bike. So I,ll need to be able to derestrict. I,ll also use it time to time for my commute. Budget is about 2k but will want 0% finance for it.
I,m not at my fighting weight anymore 17st and 6'4 will put a strain on it no doubt.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Used to do trail riding back in the nineties and want to do something similar with the ebike so want a decent poke out the bike. So I,ll need to be able to derestrict.
'Lapsed Trail rider' myself, the Husky is in the garage & hasn't had an outing for a couple of years now.

Recently been doing the trails on my Haibike. Can honestly say I'm enjoying it more than the trail bike. Now I can legally ride the Restricted Byways & Bridleways, the bobblehats don't shout at you (for being on the BOATS!) & as for the weight issue well I've lost a stone in the last month. In last few weeks have done a 40 mile, a 30 mile & a 27 mile all mainly off road.

Sort out the routes in advance, get yourself an app for the smartphone so you don't have to keep stopping to look at the map & take d8veh's advice:- Get one!

Reactions: SRS
D

Deleted member 4366

Hi,
Must admit I do like red ones :)
I'm after a dual purpose bike I like the look of the cube reaction pedelec and the new haibike hardseven. But must admit I do fancy a throttle as well so I am open to hub bikes as well. It just the pedelecs look better quality.
Used to do trail riding back in the nineties and want to do something similar with the ebike so want a decent poke out the bike. So I,ll need to be able to derestrict. I,ll also use it time to time for my commute. Budget is about 2k but will want 0% finance for it.
I,m not at my fighting weight anymore 17st and 6'4 will put a strain on it no doubt.
You've just described the Oxygen Emate MTB. It has a throttle, it does about 26mph unrestricted (easy via LCD setting). It has the Bafang CST motor that gives very high torque. It's a proper off-road bike. It won the World Championships ebike hill-climb with a rank amateur on board, who's only biking experience was his one mile bike ride to work every day on a halfords Apollo, against semi-professionals.

http://www.oxygenbicycles.com/e-bikes/e-mate-mtb-13ah

Reactions: Uselesshippy