Introducing the new Woosh Rambla

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
To me if the bars are not swept back then it will not be a comfortable upright riding position as per the "Dutch bike style" description. Perhaps a choice of bars might be desirable?
Ah! I think I replied too quickly to post #78, as a photo has since appeared! Sorry Woosh! If that photo shows the bars on the Rambla, then I am well happy. Swept back around 30 degrees is great. Roll on July 15th.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Bars are very personal. We recently got more swept back ones for the front of our tandem (mainly bought for height) and I find them a bit too swept back. The originals were fairly straight (?? 10 degrees), too straight for me. I think they new ones are 56 degrees if I remember right. I think 30 to 40 would be best for me.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Bars are very personal. We recently got more swept back ones for the front of our tandem (mainly bought for height) and I find them a bit too swept back. The originals were fairly straight (?? 10 degrees), too straight for me. I think they new ones are 56 degrees if I remember right. I think 30 to 40 would be best for me.
Agreed. Bars and saddles are probably the two most personal aspects of owning a bike. I find the straight bars hold my wrists at an unnatural angle. I'm hoping that a sweep of around 30 degrees will prove to be ideal. What I don't want are bars that sweep round through 90 degrees like the ones on the bikes I had in the 60's when I was a lad! I'm really looking forward to seeing the Rambla when it arrives; seems a nice looking, good spec, great value bike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Planetx sell the wide swept Geoff's at 46 degrees or Humpert Boomerang are cheap at the mo.

Last edited:

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Ah! I think I replied too quickly to post #78, as a photo has since appeared! Sorry Woosh! If that photo shows the bars on the Rambla, then I am well happy. Swept back around 30 degrees is great. Roll on July 15th.
Sorry to bring bad news but according to Woosh's web site the Rambla is not now due until mid August. Looks like the slow boat to China is actually the even slower boat from China.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the shipment will arrive end July but there is a queue for building slots which adds a couple of weeks. If you have pre-ordered, you may get it delivered earlier than mid August.

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
That's good news then! Are you likely to sell out of Rambla machines soon? I am seriously interested but probably would wait until they are physically in the UK before ordering having been let down previously in similar circumstances ( not woosh!).

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
the shipment will arrive end July but there is a queue for building slots which adds a couple of weeks. If you have pre-ordered, you may get it delivered earlier than mid August.
Hi Woosh,
I have registered my interest in a Rambla, but not exactly "pre-ordered" or paid for one. Andrew has pencilled my name against one, which I will come down to Southend and try when it is built up. I assume this is regarded as a reservation or "first refusal?' I would hate to demo one only to be told it was already sold! Happy to pay a refundable deposit if necessary.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Sorry to bring bad news but according to Woosh's web site the Rambla is not now due until mid August. Looks like the slow boat to China is actually the even slower boat from China.
Hi Steed,
Yes, its pretty frustrating, but it looks a sound vfm buy, and in any event non-availability is the same story with all dealers and all bikes. Just gotta bite the bullet.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's good news then! Are you likely to sell out of Rambla machines soon? I am seriously interested but probably would wait until they are physically in the UK before ordering having been let down previously in similar circumstances ( not woosh!).
Just out of interest, what happened to your Kalkhoff Impulse? Last I heard was that it was still going strong at 2000 miles, but that was three years ago.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I assume this is regarded as a reservation or "first refusal?' I would hate to demo one only to be told it was already sold! Happy to pay a refundable deposit if necessary.
sorry I did not see your question sooner.
The shipment is at sea - scheduled to arrive around 19-August. We could not find space on a faster boat.
There is a list of reservations but will still be plenty of stock left. Please get in touch nearer to the time if you are still in the market for it.

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Just out of interest, what happened to your Kalkhoff Impulse? Last I heard was that it was still going strong at 2000 miles, but that was three years ago.
Still got my Kalkhoff. Mileage over 4000 now. The impulse 1 motor is not as quiet as it was but runs fine. The battery is 100% according to the LEDs and all other components are more or less perfect. The nexus 8 hub in particular is well suited to the bike. It has had a sheltered life though as I am increasingly using a conventional bicycle. The Woosh Rambla appeals to my better half for it's step through frame, high torque and easy computer controlled tuneabilty. The bafang motor has more than twice the torque of the old impulse.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
Very tidy! Just two suggested minor improvements:
1. Front mudguard is woefully short (back one is spot on)
2. Seat probably needs to be a more 'supportive/cushy' type to attract upright riders.

Oh, and add a chain, eh. ;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Very tidy! Just two suggested minor improvements:
1. Front mudguard is woefully short (back one is spot on)
2. Seat probably needs to be a more 'supportive/cushy' type to attract upright riders.

Oh, and add a chain, eh. ;)
these points have been addressed!

AlexAlex0

Just Joined
Jul 7, 2020
The matt black woosh rambla is gorgeous. Very sleek and modern but still comfortable. As for me it's a perfect bike for women especially.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you Alex.

seec

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 13, 2020
I couldn't find on the Woosh page itself, what's the height from ground to saddle on its lowest? and is it possible/comfortable to fit a non-suspension post to bring it down a bit, or is that seating position just too low?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
from memory, with the suspension post, from ground to top of saddle is 89cm minimum with the suspension post, 85cm with non-suspension post.
Saddle post diameter is 27.2mm