introducing the Woosh Grand Camino

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This project is to see if we could transit from the hugely successful Big Bear to the Camino frame.
The Big Bear has a more upright riding position because it has a quill stem.
The Grand Camino has younger ambitions.
For that purpose, I have fitted an upgraded fork with bolt through maxle that is de rigeur with mountain biking and the now well proven DWG22C motor with torque arms.
The battery is 17AH, controller is 20A max. Tyres Kenda Kwick Drumlin 27.5 x 2 with reflective band.
I have tried to keep the price down for as long as possible - £1,249 delivered but not for long.
All the first batch is pre-sold.
As usual, please let me know what you think and do make suggestions before I re-order the next batch.

Here are some pictures:

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
More pictures:

Last edited:
Reactions: gsm.terra and D C

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
This project is to see if we could transit from the hugely successful Big Bear to the Camino frame.
The Big Bear has a more upright riding position because it has a quill stem.
The Grand Camino has younger ambitions.
For that purpose, I have fitted an upgraded fork with bolt through maxle that is de rigeur with mountain biking and the now well proven DWG22C motor with torque arms.
The battery is 17AH, controller is 20A max.
I have tried to keep the price down for as long as possible - £1,249 delivered but not for long.
All the first batch is pre-sold.
As usual, please let me know what you think and do make suggestions before I re-order the next batch.

Here are some pictures:

Looks really good and at that price, fantastic value.

I think that bike is probably the answer to at least 50% of the "what ebike should I buy" threads that get posted on here....should sell well. Nice work

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you Gavin.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Maybe more mudguard clearance for those that might use it on trials etc, where more muck will be acquired when wet.
Other wise is pretty much similar to my town/commute 700c hack.
Nice to see the bespoke one piece torque arm adapted to incorporate the guard stay bolt so much neater then the two piece jobs and the old Big Bear with the crappy Jubilee attachment.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I could keep the rack and mudguards separate, not fit them for those who want to ride trails only.
Conversely, I could fit an adjustable stem for those who only want to use it as a fast commute.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Mudguards are indespensible for trail/track riders due to the the peasant's who don't clear up the dog poo so even 5 -10mm more clearance would be better.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For personnel preference no matter what bike except drops I would have to change the bars for sweeps.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
For personnel preference no matter what bike except drops I would have to change the bars for sweeps.
the bars do have a little sweep.
I also have short mudguards for the Rio MTB. They may fit well for those who need more clearance.

Briggs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 9, 2020
Is the frame size suitable for a rider who is 5'7" (1.7m)?
...short inside leg...!

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, great looking bike.
1. Frame modification for double kickstand.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
looks very nice indeed and should appeal to a wide rider criteria. think it will be popular another very good bike.

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Yes, very smart. If I could still get on one, I would consider buying, at that price!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you, Atlav4 and Chainring.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Given your choice of beefing up the motor, brakes, and axles for the "heavier" rider, my concern would be the vulnerability of the seat-post tube. You know your market better than any of us, but surely that amount of tube extension is subject to higher stress/splitting (especially if an aftermarket suspension post were fitted) with the rear triangle/top-tube welded quite low down?

My other issue would be the battery. Do heavier riders really need/want the range of a 17Ah battery, when you could shave the cost and weight a little with a slightly smaller one?

Just expressing thoughts. It looks a really good package for the money IMHO.

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
That pannier rack looks an odd shape, will it hold pannier bags successfully?
Much my thought too Mike, the top tube looks fine, it is securing the anti flapping lower catch as on my Ortlieb back rollers that seems questionable.
Maybe just be able to catch the lower diagonal as it snapes away?